Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 06:34 PM   #1

What OEM items have you replaced?

July ‘18 will be 1 year for our Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s.

We’ve used the ‘Search’ function many times to get great suggestions from others here. We’ve made some mods and added a few things but for this post I was curious what OEM items we’ve replaced in the past year that weren’t working for us. They seem to fall into a couple of main categories but could be more; personal preference and an ounce of prevention (to borrow an old cliche)

Here’s our list of OEM items we’ve replaced and why:

* Castle Rock for Goodyear Endurance - ounce of prevention; I was there when they switched them and the GYs are much more solid

* 30lb LP tanks for 20lb tanks - personal preference; easier for me to handle/lift the smaller ones

* Dinette for Love Seat Recliners - personal preference; very happy with the final product, dinette was uncomfortable

* Inside Water filter for outside Camco blue one; ounce of prevention; Camco is much cheaper than OEM filter plus we don’t worry about inside leaks from the housing

* Shower doors for curtains; personal preference; we haven’t camped with this new change yet and don’t know if it will work and may go back but I was hitting my elbows on the door knobs too much

* Shower head for Oxygenics Body Spa; personal preference; just installed it and haven’t used it yet but good reviews here and elsewhere

What “OEM” items have you replaced?
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 10:55 AM   #2

The Body Spa shower head works much better than what comes with the camper.

Better "force" gets the shampoo out quicker, and held upside down... still has force enough to do the job.

Great low cost mod!
6CatDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:06 AM   #3

The WFCO Converter.

Replaced it with a Progressive Dynamics 9260 with charge wizard.

Put the old converter in a box and store it in a storage compartment as an emergency spare.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:13 AM   #4

On our 2017.....

1. Had to replace TV it would not get channels from the cable at the campground.

2. Shower head for Oxygenic (Took it from our 2013 trailer before selling).

No plans at this time to replace anything else.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:21 AM   #5
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Kitchen and bathroom sink faucets. Kitchen was hard to get temp right, upgrade added a motion sensing with on/off. Bath, was too short and close to sink, always got water into hard to dry and clean spots. Upgrade is a higher rise that extends further into sink with lever handles. Much easier to clean.

Water valves in shower....I broke the shower nipple off mine....oops! I have since modified that one with a repair, so it is a spare now.
The battery with 2x 6 volt. Looking into lithiums....$scary.
Tires.
Removed the 2 valve winterizing setup that was tucked in way behind the access panel with a 2 way diverted type valve mounted into the hook up wet bay. Hose type connector for the winterizing side so I can also siphon from a bucket while dry camping into the water tank.
-that sums up the original replacement stuff. The rest have been mods!
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:46 AM   #6
Casey & Carolyn

TV and sound bar and DVD player in the living room
Faucet in the kitchen
All 5 tires within 300 miles of purchase. Went up a load range and replaced with good year endurance.
Bathroom shower head.
I think that’s it so far.
2018 Ram 3500 4x4 CC Cummins Powered
Casey r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:48 AM   #7

I changed the OEM tires to Sailun. Took out the top bunk which was too short for my son and made a bed that folds up in order to put the slide in. I changed out the shower head and both sink faucets. Purchased a hide a spare and relocated the spare tire. Changed out the OEM thermistor for a snip the tip and added fans to the fridge. I have done many other mods but they aren't a change to anything original.
Old 07-02-2018, 12:17 PM   #8

changed out both the bathroom and kitchen faucets.
OEM bath faucet barely cleared back of sink rim and started leaking after un-winterizing in the spring.
Replaced the kitchen faucet so I could use the PUR filter quick connect attachment and added a spray wand.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:43 PM   #9

I just have one mod on my Surveyor. It came with a jackknife sofa and a table that had folding legs so it would stow on the sofa for traveling. I loved the table when I saw it at the dealer, but for me it wasn't practical. It was a bit too high, the legs weren't adjustable and it was really heavy, which made it difficult to stow on the sofa as I'm a solo. I bought a folding table, it was a little narrower and had adjustable legs. Works great for me.
Camping
2017- 27 days,2018- 100 days, 2019- 35 days
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:46 PM   #10

Changed the shower head to the Oxygenics. As stated, much better water flow and pressure!
Replaced the analog thermostat with a digital. Better control of temperature in the trailer.
Using the blue Camco external water filter, have not bypassed the original filter yet. IS on the to-do list. Just letting water pass through the housing for now.
Will be replacing the tires this week with Goodyear Endurance if the alloy rims will handle the increased pressure from load C to D.
BillnLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:08 PM   #11

Oxygenics shower head, replaced the mattress, and just installed a second AC on Saturday morning.
mrmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #12

Replaced stuff

Microwave oven, shower faucet, radio, AC cover, skylight dome, propane detector, clothes hanger rod, propane tank regulator, emergency exit window
latch, all because they broke or quite working. But then, I've had this trailer for nine years, and I still love it.
Old 07-02-2018, 03:16 PM   #13
Too old to be too smart

Done:
Mattress to Eurotop
Interior lighting bulbs to LED
Tires to 8008's, L/R D
Shower head to Oxygenics
Shower curtain rod to "bow-out"
Dinette cushion foam to MUCH firmer
Thermostat to Honeywell digital

Still on the to-do list:
Range exhaust fan to quieter
Gooseneck kitchen faucet
Converter to Progressive Dynamics
Over-bed reading lights to spots
Recliners to replace sofa

Pop

2000 F-350 7.3L CC/LB 4WD Lariat 3.73's
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:33 PM   #14

My 2014 Wildwood, 32' is on its 3rd water pump (one the pump gave out, second, the backflow device; new and different tires, axles and springs. FR replaced Jensen AM, FM, CD radio when CD quit. All else has been fine.
JimMorrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 03:36 PM   #15

We've had our motorhome for a few years so the list is getting long. Replaced both tv's. Removed all carpet and laid new flooring throughout. Kitchen and bathroom faucets. Shower head. Installed a gel mattress topper. LED bulbs throughout. Reworked both bedroom closets and kitchen cupboards to add shelves. Reinforced drawers under kitchen booth and added thumb latches. Removed graphics. Upgraded house battery. Added electric brake controller. LED tail lights. Added plug ins and inside hot water heater switch. Reworked electric step. Changed tv antenna. Found dead space under sink and framed out cubby for induction burner. Smart tile backsplash. Hung decorative LED lights. And probably a lot more that slips my mind.

Phil, Heather & Olaf the Boxer
Ontario Canada
Lexington 283GTS
oldsmasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 05:41 PM   #16

After reading the reponeses I added Snip the Tip thermistor and analog to digital thermostat to my “To Do List”

I put a few drops of silicone on the thermistor slider bracket after it fell out last time but Snip the Tip looks like a better solution. Digital thermostat would be easier to adjust and read for sure.
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 07:44 PM   #17

Replaced original 12V battery with (2) 6V batteries.
Replaced stock propane regulator with auto changeover regulator.
Replaced plastic kitchen sink faucet with Delta residential faucet.
Most of the original caulk on the roof was replaced with Eternabond.
Replaced the water filter with a 2 gallon pressure tank.
Old 07-03-2018, 05:26 AM   #18

I've done a number of things but will only add what I don't think has been mentioned yet:

1.) I switched out the Thetford plastic toilet with a Dometic porcelain model w/ sprayer option. It was an easy mod and well worth cost! Since I did it before our first trip, I was able to sell the Thetford on ebay to offset the cost. Note: Next time I buy a TT I'll just negotiate it into the purchase price if not already included!

2.) I replaced the mattress w/ a NuForm 11" short queen pillowtop. It makes a world of difference in getting a good night's sleep!

Cheers!
Richard
slottere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 07:42 AM   #19

I've done lots of mods but the only true replacements were the OEM mattress - modified the bed - and got a standard size queen memory foam mattress and the junk Drive stereo.
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 08:16 AM   #20

Has anyone else changed their Atwood hot water heater fixed thermostat to an adjustable one?
Also, has anyone added a fan or fans to your frig vent. I am trying to find a 12 volt fan that will fit in the access and move enough air to make a difference.
I also added a cell booster, a model 320 Dometic toilet w/spray.
Curtains behind the cab that helps a lot with heat when cold weather camping and AC when its hot.
I added a blue tooth transmitter to the Television so I can wear headphones in early morning when DW is still asleep.
I added a 120 watt psw inverter primarily for the tele and directv receiver.
Just added a window awning to one of the windows on the drivers side of the MH for shade and to be able to keep a window open on that side while raining.
I also added a 120 volt circuit in the living area so I can run two small space heaters and not run the furnace.
When we bought this MH we bought first for floor plan but also bought one without a lot of extras so I can do adds and mods that we wanted.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote