Old 05-18-2014, 10:10 AM   #11
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We bought 2 about 6 years back and found them too heavy and cumbersome to use, so when we go camping, we started leaving them in the storage shed 2 years ago. They are in excellent condition and will sell both of them CHEAP.
Ours are a touch heavy but not unwieldy and are a whole lot more comfortable than the camp chairs we got at The Sportsman's Warehouse.

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #12
Site Team
Ours go in our pack n play door. The next trailer won't have this option, we are thinking the large bedroom closet would be a good place for them.

<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:46 AM   #13
These are great chairs, but the downside is they are bulky to store. Even with all the storage room I have, it's sometimes difficult to find a place for them.

Good luck.
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:57 AM   #14
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Ours are a touch heavy but not unwieldy and are a whole lot more comfortable than the camp chairs we got at The Sportsman's Warehouse.
We like our 4 rockers much better, but everyone has their preferences.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:02 AM   #15
This won't help your situation but......

We're fairly new to RVing (new TT in 2013). Prior to getting the TT, we did a some tent camping and fishing trips. We first used a pickup truck but found the limitations it presented. We then used our SUV but it still presented some storage problems while traveling, so I picked up a low mileage used FULL SIZE cargo van and it is great! Tons of room for fishing and camping stuff and that is where we store chairs and other things while on the road.

Speaking of chairs, I looked at the "zero gravity" chairs and immediately saw the draw backs of the size and weight. I happen to see some folding canvas chairs at Ace Hardware that works perfectly. Large enough to be really comfortable in but light enough to tote around, even for fishing!
tosh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:40 AM   #16
we have some cheap folding canvas chairs - ok for kids but not adult size 'rears'.
got a couple of larger canvas 'recliners' - fantasticilly comfortable but difficult to get up out of.
ye olde plastic webbed alum tube frame folding chairs are the most comfortable to sit in, but all too often we want to lay back and relax, read, nap.
A 'test' of the zero gravity looked promising so my wife picked them up..only after we got them did it hit us that wow, they're big.

Never thought about using the tub for storage...when camping our hamper is in there.
Our beds often hold guitars and other temp and delicate things.

Bungee'ing them to the dog crate seems to work. Today I flush out the bleach and will take the TT around the block and then check to see that all is good.

I picked up a cargo trailer a few years ago - it needs some windows but would make a great 'tent' for camping - 6x12 w/ 6 foot ceiling, v-nose. Figure hang some bunks on one side (navy style) and a counter/kitchen on the other, porta potty and bam, simple, light 2 person 'TT'! If all the interior were modular it could be attached to the E-track and today a camper, tomorrow a cargo trailer again.
Jill & Chris, Wills (15) Evie (13) & Toby our collie (6)
2011 Grey Wolf 28BH
2013 Chevy K1500 Crew w/ Reese StraitLine Dual Cam

Nights camped 2011: 11 2012: 18 2013: 12 2014: 12 2015: 13 2016: 36
prof_fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:56 AM   #17
Totally unhelpful post:

Gee, yet another reason I'm glad I got a toyhauler. I have similar chairs and never even thought about where I'd have to store them. I cram a lot of junk into the garage area even when I don't have a toy back there.

End totally unhelpful post.
2014 Columbus 3600TH
2005 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Toys: Victory XCT & Vegas 8-Ball (soon to add more!)
V-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:55 PM   #18
Put one on each side of the bed , and bungee cord across. Use your emergency quilts to pad with if you think they'll scratch something. We also went thru the ten year , "these chairs look better" phase, and have an assortment, but two zeros, and her latest "rocker for the first grand baby" are must packs!lol
Love our 5ver!
David & Kelly
2015 Sandpiper 355RE
2015 Silverado 3500 CCSB SRW 4X4 D-maxx

Nights camped in 2016:03😄
D-maxx dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 05:46 AM   #19
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I understand.
If you have a dinette put it down in the bed position with an old blanket on top of the cushions and then put the chairs on that
They do make chair bags that you can put them in that either zip close or use Velcro. That is what we do with ours, then we store them as suggested above.
paulmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 06:34 AM   #20
Mod free 5er
Store our 4 rockers in the oh rack along with a table I made out of a lawn chair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00483.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	53238  

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote