Old 05-17-2016, 07:09 PM   #1
New Lex Owner

Which TPMS

I am considering adding a TPMS to my FR Lexington GTS 265. Which system do you recommend and how do we install it to be able to easily add are to the two inner rear tires? I am going tow a Honda CRV and need to know if the transmitters are strong enough to reach from the road to the monitor? Thank you all in advance. This is great forum.

Old 05-17-2016, 07:11 PM   #2
Site Team

TST507. Do a quick search for TPMS there are many lengthy discussions here.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 65W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:01 PM   #3

X2 on the 507. I have had them for three years now and no problems other than replacing the batteries

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2016, 09:13 AM   #4
New Lex Owner

Flybob, I tried that but did not see any detailed STD507 "how to" discussions. I am sure they must be here but I didn't find them. Help?
Old 05-18-2016, 09:46 AM   #5

I recently installed a TST510 system on our FR Sunseeker 2600s (28 ft).

The kit comes with an install/setup manual which shows how to enter the individual sensor codes, etc. My sensors are the screw on closed type. There is also a flow through type meaning you add air directly without removing the sensor. There is a special wrench (supplied) to lock the sensors on the valve to prevent theft.
I read many of the posts on here about the safety aspects of knowing what your tires are doing. Some research is required, to figure out what type of tire valves you have (rubber or metal). Then you need to figure out what type of valve extension you need.

I was happy to see that my inner wheels already had the braided steel covered hose coming out through the wheel simulator (hub cap) so access is no problem. If your unit does not have the extension, you will need to find some - search online or look at Camping World for example. There are also shorter solid extensions in 45 or 90 degree angles to achieve access. They can be delicate and breakable. Don't ask how I know that!
My steer wheels are a little tricky. Had to remove the wheel simulators (hub caps). The extensions I used put my sensors in one of the holes in the simulator so I have to remove the hub cap to add air. I can probably find an angled, longer extension to eliminate that task.
The display is simple, just plug it into a 12v supply, choose your mounting method (in an air vent or use velcro). It has a small antenna and the signals from my six sensors reach the display wirelessly very well. The program cycles through all six tires, showing air pressure and temperature.

So, equipped with a TST507 or 510 and the suitable extensions you're in business.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 05-18-2016, 09:50 AM   #6

Truck System Technologies

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:44 AM   #7

We have a Tireminder. It monitors tire pressure and temperature. Comes with free battery replacements till 2017.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbienve View Post
We have a Tireminder. It monitors tire pressure and temperature. Comes with free battery replacements till 2017.
And that is what turned me OFF of Tireminder and went with the TST system. Tireminder, you have to return the censer to the seller to get the battery changed, with TST, you are able to change the battery on your own when one goes bad.

Correct me if I am wrong about the Tireminder system.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 08:59 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
And that is what turned me OFF of Tireminder and went with the TST system. Tireminder, you have to return the censer to the seller to get the battery changed, with TST, you are able to change the battery on your own when one goes bad.

Correct me if I am wrong about the Tireminder system.
No, you get an extra set in the box. After about 6 months remove the batteries from the censers and replace them with the extra ones in the box. Then mail the old batteries in.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:03 AM   #10

TST 507 for us.

2016 F250 2WD CC SB XLT 6.2 3.73 3,295 lb payload cap.
2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK 8k lbs loaded, Equal-i-zer WDH, TST 507 TPMS
2016: 38 nights camped
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote