Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2012, 02:38 PM   #1

Thumbs up Winterizing Tracer 3150BDH

Hello all,

New to trailering and not excited about having to put my new toy away for the season. Nonetheless it's time here in Utah.

Two questions here.
1. I am looking to do a complete compressor blowout of the lines versus antifreeze. I prefer knowing that there isn't ANY liquid in the lines, and all is dry.
Any recommendations, and better yet instructions on how to go about this process?

2. Wondering if any other Tracer owners have figured out a way to protect those fancy drip spouts on the rain gutters that stick out, while the whole coach is covered? Otherwise the cover will eventually pull and rip those off.

Thanks!
JCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM   #2

Not sure about the lines, but I've heard of others putting old tennis balls on the rain spouts.
Kathyrarnold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #3

Thanks

Thanks for the tennis ball idea. I just worry that the whole spout will pop off. The spout itself is 3.5in so a bit big for a tennis ball.
Old 09-21-2012, 12:32 PM   #4

I go around the trailer and cover the spouts and anything else that protrudes with foam piple insulation you can get at lowes/home depot. I cut the foam to size and wrap it with electrical tape. So far I have had luck doing this as no rips in my cover.
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:48 PM   #5

I blow out my camper water lines every year. I blow them out through the city water connection (CW has adapter for air connection) with my compressor regulater set at about 35#. Let each faucet run untill it blows only air and make sure you get all the faucets. I have also installed a petcock in the waterheater drain and blow it out also. I missed the outside shower one season and found the mistake the next spring on the first trip.
I pour a little anti-freeze down each drain to fill the p-traps and that is it for my winterizing.
Weeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeg
I blow out my camper water lines every year. I blow them out through the city water connection (CW has adapter for air connection) with my compressor regulater set at about 35#. Let each faucet run untill it blows only air and make sure you get all the faucets. I have also installed a petcock in the waterheater drain and blow it out also. I missed the outside shower one season and found the mistake the next spring on the first trip.
I pour a little anti-freeze down each drain to fill the p-traps and that is it for my winterizing.
What about draining low point drains as well ?
Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
What about draining low point drains as well ?
Turbs

I've never touch them and never had a problem.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weeg

I've never touch them and never had a problem.
Guess you've gotten lucky then
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:17 PM   #9

All,

If anyone else is interested, I found spigot covers at Lowes for about $1.50 each that cover the drip spouts perfectly, and have a rubber leash that holds them on. I'm more concerned about ripping those off than hurting the cover. The spigot covers are rounded so the cover should be fine.
Tracer has a 3.5 inch extended drip spout that they boast is out further than any other brand to avoid streaking. But they're a pain on covers in winter.
Old 09-21-2012, 04:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Guess you've gotten lucky then
Yeah, since 1998! I'm sure YOU can figure out why on your own.

Tags
raingutter, trailer cover, winterize, tracer