Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2013, 03:15 PM   #21
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlygibbs View Post
I thought it was adding more valuable information to the original posters question.
Perhaps...
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 06:29 PM   #22

Yup it got answered thanks. !!!!
daler442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #23

The OPs question was ansewered in post#3. Then some additional (Battery) info was added.Then post#9 was by a Moderator. Then post # 15 was by another Mod. They were all about (Battery Charging). From the main cord or TV cord. I donot see any (Runaway Thread). But I would still like to know if the Battery Cut off switch in the Off pos.prevents the TV from charging the Batt. going down the road? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The OPs question was ansewered in post#3. Then some additional (Battery) info was added.Then post#9 was by a Moderator. Then post # 15 was by another Mod. They were all about (Battery Charging). From the main cord or TV cord. I donot see any (Runaway Thread). But I would still like to know if the Battery Cut off switch in the Off pos.prevents the TV from charging the Batt. going down the road? Youroo!!
Answered in post 14
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:23 PM   #25

Thanks Turbo! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:32 PM   #26

I am all new to the rv/popup world. I recently purchased a 2008 flagstaff 206 p/u. Been camping with it several times for a week or so at a time. So far so good, but still don't
know much about it. This battery cutoff switch-is this located on the converter? I can switch my system to 12v, but no lights, etc will work. Could this be because the battery cutoff switch is off?
bloozeharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:09 PM   #27

Older pups may not have a cutoff. Check the main fuse in or around the battery. It might be blown or missing. You even may have to troubleshoot with a voltmeter.
wneise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:32 AM   #28
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozeharp View Post
I am all new to the rv/popup world. I recently purchased a 2008 flagstaff 206 p/u. Been camping with it several times for a week or so at a time. So far so good, but still don't
know much about it. This battery cutoff switch-is this located on the converter? I can switch my system to 12v, but no lights, etc will work. Could this be because the battery cutoff switch is off?
i don't know of any popups that come with a factory battery cutoff switch. only if a previous owner added one.
you should also start your own thread, instead of piggybacking on someone else's thread, especially since the original post was asking if plugging into 110v would charge the battery, not about having no 12v lights.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 AM   #29

Sorry for the breach of protocol, Bikendan. Didn"t mean to stray from the initial question concerning location of battery cutoff switch.
bloozeharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloozeharp View Post
Sorry for the breach of protocol, Bikendan. Didn"t mean to stray from the initial question concerning location of battery cutoff switch.
no problems! it's just that we want people to get help and answers and if it's lost in a thread that has nothing to do your your post, you may not get much help.
and it's always a better idea to start your own thread so that others will know what your issue is and can try to help.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:17 PM   #31

We recently had a 2010 Rockwood pop up and to my knowledge it did not have a battery cutoff switch. During the off season, I removed the positive battery cable to eliminate battery drain.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote