Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #1

1640 ltd heater problems

WE just purchased a new 2010 1640 ltd Rockwood pop up. Everything worked fine at the dealers, they showed us how to put up and down and operate the electrical units. We put it in the garage overnight and then today decided to practice putting it up. We have a suburban heater in it, and can not get it to work. Everything else works fine, but can not get the heater to kick on. Any suggestions or help is welcome. We have called the dealer and they have only told us what we are doing now. We will have to take it back to them if we can not get any ideas from anyone on this forum, just a hassle to drive all the way back to the dealer. Anybody have the same problem? Thanks we are two newbies and excited about our new camper, but this kind of puts a little damper on it, just glad we were not out camping when this happened.
frank 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:56 PM   #2

Does the fan come on? After 3 attempts the module will likely lock out and you will hav e to pull the fuse for the heater or disconnect the battery and land power to reset it. First make sure the tanks are turned on. Make sure other gas appliances work (it may be that the tank safety has locked off pressure if it was opened too fast)

Its not unusual to have it take a few ignition trials to get appliances to go at first as the lines are sometimes full of air instead of propane.
rick_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 12:07 AM   #3

I bought a new 2010 TT last year and a new 2011 TT this year (one year apart) and both furnaces work on the PDI. After getting the TT home both units failed when I first fired them up (what are the chances?). Had to take each back for warranty, one was a failed board where the furnace fan came on but failed to light, the other was completely dead, nothing but a small click. This turned out to be a bad fan motor that also took out the electronic board. The only fuse is located on the board inside the unit, is what I was told. Once it was repaired we encountered no more problems with the first unit, waiting to find out on the newest one.

Good luck! It's good you found it before packing the Grandkids up and camping in cool weather......
buckisland1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:26 AM   #4

1640 ltd heater problems

Thanks guys for the help, we just picked this thing up day before yesterday and everything was working fine. We set it up inside our barn and wahlah, no heater. I'm going to try the fuse thing, that's about the only thing I haven't tried. I talked with the technicians and they feel it might be in the thermostat control. I'll let everyone know when we run it down. Thanks for the help and morale support. Regards Frank
Old 02-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #5

1640 ltd Heater Problems

OK Guys.....I pulled the 7.5 amp fuze in the breaker box and the unit took right off when it was replaced. Rick, you were right. I bought this 1640 for its simplicity and hopefully before long, I will get comfortable with it. Buck and Rick, thanks for the tech support......Frank