Old 03-30-2016, 07:49 AM   #1
176 SD New here but...

I have an 06 Flagstaff 176 SD I bought new in 05 with air conditioning and got a great deal when I bought because they put the airco on by accident and so didn't charge me. It was a Godsend on 100 plus days in Missouri. The old black dog would walk over to the door and just stand there with his nose at the crack on those hot days. The 176 has between 20K and 30K miles on it and has been great for our needs as a couple with big dogs.

I got it originally for its size as I pulled with Subaru Foresters. It was just about perfect as the old Foresters were beasts with a 2400 lb tow rating and from an engineering standpoint prewired for a hitch and rated at 3200 lbs in Australia. I was usually running at about 1900 lbs total weight. I've been over the Rockies many times including serious passes like the Eisenhower tunnel, Wolf Creek and 14A in northern Wyoming coming out of Yellowstone. We've done the four corners area and Colorado RMNP.

I actually joined because we are considering the dark side and moving to a Travel Trailer soon. We are looking at the Micro or Mini light (Rockwood/Flagstaff) 2506s. I discovered back when I bought, that Flagstaffs and Rockwoods were the same units with different branding. I saved a thousand bucks by buying Flagstaff instead of Rockwood.

These are good pop ups, I will miss it when I pass over to the dark side but won't miss set up times or the cussing occasionally associated with it.

I am a lynx person and fail to find the attraction to BAL's. jus kiddin...

Redfour5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:00 AM   #2
Welcome from Wisconsin.
2013 Palomino Sabre 34REQS-6

Link to pics:
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote