Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #1

1907BH 12 volt problem

I just bought a new 2010 1907BH popup. My wife and I towed it home to Milwaukee from Detroit where we bought it. Everything works except the 12 volt interior lights. I know it's not the battery because it raised the roof on the popup just fine. But when we placed the stove/sink combo into place and depressed the switch for the DC interior lights, nothing worked; not lights, fan or even LP detector. Has anyone else experienced this? Everything worked fine at the dealer's yesterday, but today, no juice. When we hook up AC power through a dog bone, the AC and water pump work fine. We thought the drive back from Detroit to Milwaukee would've charged the 12 volt (new Interstate battery) just fine. So we're flummoxed. When you spend $9,000 on a popup, you really expect everything to work, at least for a while. Any help would be very appreciated. We don't want to drive back to Detroit. Thanks in advance.
avocat55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #2

Welcome to the forums.

I don't think anything is broke but not being familiar with that particular unit I don't have much advice for you. However, it seems to me that someone within the last few months had the exact same problem with a pop-up. Try a search and in the meantime hopefully someone will come along with more help.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:01 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Seems like someone had the same problem, and the stove/sink combo has to trip a switch in order to get the lights to work. Might want to make sure you have them in the proper upright position. Hope you did a walk through before purchase and verified was working correctly.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 volt, rockwood, tent camper