Old 09-07-2011, 07:10 AM   #1
2003 Rockwood Premier 2516G pop up Questions

I spontaneously bought a 2003 Rockwood Premier 2516G the other day. I'd been thinking about getting a pop up & happened to see this one pop up for sale locally and went over and bought it. I plan on taking it camping this weekend and I really haven't had time to try everything out. I gave it a good cleaning and got the lights & AC working but that's about it.

1. I'm trying to figure out the Refrigerator. It doesn't have any switches or lights on it. So I'm assuming it's not a 3 way frig. After having it plugged into the 120v most of the day it seemed to start getting cold but that's as far as I got. How can I verify what I have???

2. Trailer lights wiring? It didn't come with a wire to hook up the lights. Just has a plug in on the trailer tongue looks like 5 terminals. Where do I to get a special adaptor extension wire to plug it into my truck??

3. Looks like it has a hot water tank and propane heater. I didn't get any manuals or instructions on hooking this stuff up. Anyone have any instructions they can send me??

4. How do I switch from 120V to 12v power? is that just on/off swithch next to the black convertor setup??

I'm sure I'll have many more questions - I think this is enough for now, Thanks for any help anyone can send my way.

crocha617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:24 AM   #2
Site Team
You can download PDF manuals for many appliances.
Get a notepad and write down make and model numbers for your fridge, water heater
and furnace. Then go to the manufacturers web site and look for support or manuals.

A photo of your trailer plug would help but at least give us a better description.
Is it flat 5 or round 5 and if it's round 5 does it have a center pin?
What does the plug on the back end of your truck look like???

Many RVs have no switch for 120 volt and 12volt.
If you have a battery in the trailer and all is working then you simply unplug the
AC cord and the battery should take over for lights and keeping the control board
alive in your fridge and water heater and furnace.
Down load your manuals and read a bit and then ask here what you can't figure out.

If you in fact have a hot water heater then you almost for sure have
a 12v water pump and fresh water tank. There should be a switch in
there somewhere for the water pump but I can't tell you where, sorry!

Welcome to the FR forums!!

Dan & Rita D
2004 5.3L Silverado 1500 ext. cab 2WD
1999 Suzuki Intruder Motorcycle
Blue Ox WD hitch, AirLift load levelers

Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41,
2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-38
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
The plug is rectagular. I believe 3 ports on the bottom and 2 on top.

It does have a fresh water tank and pump setup as well as a battery mounted on the front next to the propane tank. After work I plan on checking out the battery maybe get a charger on it. The camper hadn't been used this year so it wouldn't surprise me if the battery was junk.

I'll also get the model numbers etc.. tonight and try and do some research on the appliances.
crocha617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
Site Team
If the camper has been out of use for a year it's probably still in winter mode.
Hopefully the water heater is drained and possibly in bypass mode.
It might mean the water lines are full of pink RV antifreeze or maybe they
were just blown out.

Do NOT light the water heater until you are sure it's full of water!!

You might want to take a picture of your trailer plug while you're there.
KyDan is offline   Reply With Quote