Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2019, 01:12 PM   #1

2004 Flagstaff AC Wiring

Hi everyone. I’m new to the forums and I have a question about direction. I just bought a used flagstaff 205 pop up and it’s going to take a little fixing to getting it where I want it. Attached is a picture of the wiring leading to the AC and it definitely doesn’t look like it came that way. Wanted to know your opinion on how to fix it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	power.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	210143  
CameronCalvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 07:05 AM   #2

From what I can see, it looks like this was a mod job gone array.
On my first P/U, the a/c had a plug mounted to the side wall of the roof and the cord from the a/c ran along the roof and had to be plugged in for the a/c to work. On my current P/U the plug is mounted on the outside of the roof on the side wall and the power cord stored in a well down by the wheel which you plug in for a/c use. From the pic it looks like someone just ran a piece of romex electrical wire. In my opinion, the best option would be to start from scratch and redo the entire wiring job. Weather or not you are capable of this undertaking is up to you or just have a qualified electrican do the job. I believe the current way is not safe for any occupants especially
children. Good Luck
Old 07-18-2019, 07:43 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I agree with backpacker3 good luck.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 08:54 PM   #4

Typical install is some 20amp wire in wire-mold along the ceiling to the roof side.

Name:	wire mold.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	210242

Then tucked behind trim/curtains running down the side to an installed port that exposes a 20 amp plug on the outside of the camper with a rubber plug/seal. (Picture is 15amp but looks mostly like that)

Name:	plug.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	210243

As described above there is a corresponding port in the bottom half of the unit under where the roof port is that houses a female plug end and cord that is long enough to reach from the bottom to top side port when the roof is raised.

Name:	110_hatch_black.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	210245
flyerdp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, wiring