Old 06-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #1

2006 Forrest River 228d Tent Trailer

Hi,

I recently purchase a new tent trailer and have a few questions regarding the water heater.

I do not seen to have a button to ignite the pilot light... the only area I could see that I could stick a match is where the inode screws in... any guide to starting the water heater would be much appreciated.

If I attach hose from tap to the tent trailer do I still need to fill the manual water tank?

Old 06-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Moderators' Assistant

since you're asking about something that's specific in a popup/tent trailer, you should ask a similar question in the Tent Camper section.
you need to find the model brand/number of the WH or take some pics.
did the popup not have any manuals with it? should be a manual specific from the WH's manufacturer.

if you have city water hookups, you don't need to put anything in the Fresh Water tank.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
Wanna Be Camper

I moved this to the Tent Trailer forum.

John & Deb
2011 F250 Lariat FX4 Crew Cab 6.2
2011 Flagstaff V-Lite 30WRLS
Days Camped 2016: 3 2017: 0
SaskCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #4

You may want to check this thread out

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...s-13267-3.html

I had the same issue and someone was able to help me so if your heater is the same it may be relevant. The only thing was that I was told to be the lighter deep inside but it wasn't necessary to, it was kind of at the front of the hole on the right.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #5

It looks exactly like that... do I need to do anything other than connect water to tap and ignite the heater (like do i need to turn anything for water to reach the heater)?
Old 06-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #6

yes, mine has three valves on the water heater. The top and bottom need to be turned on (parallel with the piping) and the middle needs to be off (perpendicular to the piping) and then you need to get water into the heater by making sure the water pump is on and then opening a hot water faucet or 2. Wait until water runs from the faucet rather than just hearing air and you should be good. You can check if there is water in the water heater by the blue thingy at the top of that picture. It lets you open it slightly and water should pour out.

It's like I know what I'm talking about. lol
Old 06-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #7

So if cold water is running out hot faucet - its safe to assume water is passing through the water heater and I can try light it?
Old 06-09-2011, 10:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by chancehoggan View Post
So if cold water is running out hot faucet - its safe to assume water is passing through the water heater and I can try light it?
From my understanding, yes but as mentioned that blue thingy at the top is specifically there to allow you to check if there is water in the unit so I would double check with that first.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:57 PM   #9

thanks.

I am taking it out again this weekend so can test out all the things i have learned in the 2 days I have joined this forum.

Tags
228d