Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2012, 03:45 PM   #1

2007 rockwood 2514G - wall skin loose?

Ok here's an odd thing .

I checked the popup exterior today and I noticed that the fiberglass exterior wall skin to the left of the entrance door was bulging outwards. Not a huge bulge but enough that I could push it back into place with little force. The movement seems to be about an inch or two and when I push it back it does hit the hard backing. It really seems to be just the fiberglass skin.

It has happened in the last three weeks because it was fine after our last outing.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone else fixed this? Why is happening?

Thanks

Rob
grumpyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:33 PM   #2

Had something similar on our '09 Flagstaff 425D recently - the exterior skin on the rear curb side seemed to bulge outwards/pop out. Looking at it from underneath, there seemed to be a line of staples (under the trim at the bottom of the panel) that help hold it fastened into the wood floor underlay just above the frame - but the skin had pulled away from that and pulled the staples out of the wood.

Since the staples were still secured thru the fiberglass, I was able to gently bang it back into place with a mallet (not a hammer) - shifting the staples a bit so they're not back in the same holes they came out of.

Not sure why it happened, but I figure if it happens again I'll use some strong adhesive in conjunction with the staples (something like Lepage PL Premium, since it seems to be compatible with fiberglass).

2009 Flagstaff 425D
2005 Avalanche ZR71
Hutch65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2514g