Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2013, 04:55 PM   #1

2007 rw276

We recently purchased a 2007 rockwood 276... we are having problems with electrical stuff, so to speak... Last camping trip our inside receptecles shut off our elec. blankets and other things plugged in.. We think there must be a switch we don't know about that changes things to the 110 volt... Does anyone have a manual showing the converter and what it does and how it is set? Thanks for anyone's help
sandy stallcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #2

: confused:?

To use any 110v power (electric blankets, microwave, TV, etc.) You must be plugged in to shore power. If you were, make sure you have no tripped breakers in the 110v breaker panel
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #3

Thanks for your response... We think we may have overloaded the circuit by plugging in the space heater and an electric blanket...Other things plugged in to outlets worked just fine (like lamps). It just kicked off the heater and blanket. I guess I will try going out the window with one of these cords and plug in directly to outside source... We are going camping this weekend and it will be a low of 30 degrees so we are trying to figure out what went wrong last time..
sandy stallcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #4

Ok, that makes sense now. In my old 30 trailer, when running heater(s), I'd either bring a 20a cord thru the slideout seal, or run the fridge and water heater on gas.

Happy camping!
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:41 AM   #5
Site Team

look up the brand and model converter you have and you should be able to download the manual from the manufacturer's website.
most FR RV's come with a WFCO converter.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote