Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #1
OG1

2008 Freedom 1950 Low Point Drains?

Hi we just got this trailer recently and for the life of me I cannot locate any low point drains. Manual is of no help. I have been all over this thing doing various things lately and have not seen any valves inside or out, nor any stub lines thru the floor that could be low point drains. Does anybody else with a similar vintage 1950 have any input?

Thanks. I don't have a problem adding them, but hate to cut into the system if I am just missing them somehow.
OG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Looking at the specs on a new one, there isn't a water heater, or a fresh water tank, so therefore, nothing to drain. Looks like maybe you can hook city water, and get water to the sink. No water heater listed, so no hot water lines. No fresh water tank size listed, so no cold lines either. If you have a fresh water tank, and it is below the sink, that would be the only drain. I could be wrong, have been before, and my wife is always reminding me........
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:12 PM   #3
OG1

Thanks. I should have included more info in the original post. I do have a water heater, shower, onboard freshwater tank, pump etc plus city water. It seems like they would have included drains for the system. There is one drain on the freshwater holding tank, but that does no good if you want to drain the whole system, or have been on city water.
OG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:47 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

There is a chance, albeit small, that the water heater is the low point drain. If the drain plug in the heater is the lowest point in the system, and it has 3 valves for bypass on it. Don't worry about the valves for draining, only for winter. A small chance, and you will have to be the judge. If the city hook up is higher, then probably so. Besides, the whole system, minus the water heater, can't hold 2 gallons, maybe not even one, so just a good flush before you use it, and you should be good to go. Now the floor plan I looked at, had all the plumbing on one wall, hope yours is similar.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote