Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #1

2009 Palomino Real Lite 1002 Roof Issue

Our trailer was stored outside for the first time this past winter. We noticed black running down the back of the trailer on one side. We wiped it off and it happened again. When putting the trailer up on the weekend we noticed that the press wood on the underside of the trailer top was wet. We are not sure if maybe we did not have one of the latches on tight enough over the winter months (had a lot of rain this Spring).

We have been taking the bunk end pole out on nice days in hopes that the press wood will dry. There are no leaks on the inside of the trailer. Has anyone ever replaced the press wood? If so, is it difficult to do and what do we need (ie thickness of press wood, adhesive, rubber seal, etc.)?

Any help would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I am not able to get a picture of the press wood at this time. It is on the underside of the back of the pop up tent trailer roof (see attached picture(sorry the picture is upside down)...press wood is just above the rubber seal).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	206299  
Donna H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 06:30 PM   #2

Sounds like you have a roof leak and are lucky enough that leak is draining on the outside of the tent instead of inside.

When my earlier pop up had a leak in the roof and leaked inside, it left dark brown streaks where it was running down the canvas.

So your black stripes, as my brown stripes, must be something from the material in the roof.

Good luck in getting that leak stopped.
2024 Black Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude 4WD, 121" WB, 3.6L, 8 speed, Blacked Out Package, 265/50R20 wheels, 6,200# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Go through Indiana Dunes NP 5X/week! Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 04:28 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike91 View Post
Sounds like you have a roof leak and are lucky enough that leak is draining on the outside of the tent instead of inside.

When my earlier pop up had a leak in the roof and leaked inside, it left dark brown streaks where it was running down the canvas.

So your black stripes, as my brown stripes, must be something from the material in the roof.

Good luck in getting that leak stopped.
Thanks Mike. Someone that does repairs said it is usually the holes from where it is clamped that causes the damages. He does relaminating so may have to take it to him. We are very fortunate that the brown/black streaks are on the outside and have not affected the inside as of yet
Donna H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, palomino, roo, roof