Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2019, 07:56 PM   #1

2010 2516 rockwood premier roof lift cable snapped

Hey guys, today as I was doing some small repairs on my pop up I was putting in the porch door and I had my neighbor helping me out.. The up switch on my winch is not working (waiting on new part) so I had my neighbor lift the roof with a drill.. Well he went too far and the cable snapped. Luckily the roof didnt come crashing down since I had the supports in on the opposite sides of the roof. I added some wood supports on the other 2 corners to keep the roof from sagging. I am not exactly sure which lift system is on this pop up.. I am seeing goshen as the popular one but I am not sure how to confirm. How screwed am I with this situation? Thank you for any help in advance.
kaspern83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:39 AM   #2

you have the goshen system. i had a 2010 rockwood highwall that the lift cable broke on, it broke while i was raising the roof, so it did come crashing down. I was able to lock it down and tow it to the dealer for repair. So, I can not advise you as to easy it would be for a DYI repair - i know others have done it, so it is doable.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 11:40 AM   #3

you wouldn't know the model of it, would you? Do you remember how much such repair costs at the shop?
kaspern83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:40 PM   #4

the dealer just had to replace the main cable- the cable was not the expensive part of the repair and dealers around here are now charging about 100 - 110 dollars an hour. for labor. I think is was somewhere around 300-400 bucks.

give goshen a call - they can advise you best on the repair.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:58 PM   #5

I would try to get recommendations of trustworthy shops and definitely shop around even if you have to take time off from work to drive to a dealer that's far away.

This could potentially be very expensive, over 1K, depending on how the shop wants to do the work. A good trustworthy shop will only make repairs and replace parts that are TRULY NEEDED. Others will try to make their living off of you.

This is definitely a job I would NOT try to do myself!

Good luck.
2019 Ford F150 Race Red XLT Sport, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 3.5L Ecoboost, 10 speed, 3.55 Locking Axle, 1830# Payload, 12,700# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Go through Indiana Dunes NP 5X/week! Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, lift, rockwood, roo, roof