Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2011, 10:46 AM   #1

2010 Flagstaff 625D

Hello we just purchased a 625D and are looking forward our first trip July 8th. We have had a Jayco and a Coleman pop up in the past really about 15 years ago. If anyone else has the 625D we would appreciate and tips and suggestions.

See you outdoors!
jpetrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #2

Welcome to the forums and congrats on your new camper!!

Enjoy!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #3

check you tire capacity versus actual weight, DO NOT rely on the frame sticker to be accurate.

our '12 sticker claimed 2757weight, with out water and our "stuff".

What it also didn't account for ( because the trailer left the factory with out all this stuff ) A/C, Awning, battery ( 2 in my case ) LP tank, and water in both the toilet holding tank and the water heater. with all this added to the camper, it was 30lbs over factory tire capacity, BEFORE we added any of out "stuff"

we love ours, and will make some changes as we go, but be careful and KNOW your weight capacities.

Enjoy your new camper !
Blkvoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
Flagstaff 625D Popup

I have a 2011 625D. They are great campers.

The only thing I don't like is that you cannot get to anything with it down. But I guess that is the price you pay with a pop-up.

Some tips I learned the hard way:

Don't try to put the sink/stove down with anything plugged into the outlet by the rear bed. I broke the corner of the countertop when I forgot to unplug a nightlight.

Make sure the furnace and water pump are turned off before you lower it. You would think everything would be disable like the lights are ???

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #5

Ok I have a dumb question..

We did not have the best experience when we picked up the 625D as the person showing us it's features was not really familiar with pop ups. Since we have had pop ups before we cut the tour short and we would just figure the rest out on our own. We were looking at the owners manual last night and my wife asked where does the water go when you use the shower? The manual only addresses the water that is drained from the sink but nothing about the shower. I have the pop up in storage and cannot get to it easily.

So my dumb question is where does the shower drain to?

Thanks
Old 07-01-2011, 03:27 PM   #6
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Yeah, the "salesman" didn't know too much about our 625D and we figured everything out by ourselves.

The shower drain is underneath on the door side near the front of the camper. You will see a 1 1/2" twist-on cap. Remove that cap, that is the shower drain.

Lessons learned on our 625D:

Don't try to put down the sink/stove with a nightlight plugged in. We broke the counter top.

We would get hot water for a couple seconds then it would go cold. Turns out the hot water heater was by-passed for winterization. Open the valves going into and out-of the heater, and close the valve going between hot and cold. The valves are under the couch.

Make sure the furnace and water pump (switch under the storage drawer) are OFF before closing-up. Nothing like having the furnace come on when everything is closed up.

You need to push in the slide BEFORE the front bed (there is a cam shaped glide that the front bed rides on), but NOT the slide tenting. The slide tenting MUST be pulled out or else the front bed will catch on it.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them.

Bean
Old 07-01-2011, 03:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
Yeah, the "salesman" didn't know too much about our 625D and we figured everything out by ourselves.

The shower drain is underneath on the door side near the front of the camper. You will see a 1 1/2" twist-on cap. Remove that cap, that is the shower drain.

Lessons learned on our 625D:

Don't try to put down the sink/stove with a nightlight plugged in. We broke the counter top.

We would get hot water for a couple seconds then it would go cold. Turns out the hot water heater was by-passed for winterization. Open the valves going into and out-of the heater, and close the valve going between hot and cold. The valves are under the couch.

Make sure the furnace and water pump (switch under the storage drawer) are OFF before closing-up. Nothing like having the furnace come on when everything is closed up.

You need to push in the slide BEFORE the front bed (there is a cam shaped glide that the front bed rides on), but NOT the slide tenting. The slide tenting MUST be pulled out or else the front bed will catch on it.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them.

Bean
Thanks for the quick reply, so the dinette slide is last out on set up and first in on tear down..did I say that correctly?
Old 07-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Yeah that sounds right.

The 625D really is great pop-up. We really enjoy ours. We got the smallest microwave we could find (700Watt I think) and it fits great on the countertop above the storage drawer and really comes in handy.

Also the fridge takes a long time to get cold. So if you want it cold, turn on the 120V switch and plug in the camper the day before.

And the screen holes are large enough to allow thoses small gnats (called no-see-ems) to get in. They usually come in a dusk.

Did you get the A/C ?

Bean
Old 07-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
Yeah that sounds right.

The 625D really is great pop-up. We really enjoy ours. We got the smallest microwave we could find (700Watt I think) and it fits great on the countertop above the storage drawer and really comes in handy.

Also the fridge takes a long time to get cold. So if you want it cold, turn on the 120V switch and plug in the camper the day before.

And the screen holes are large enough to allow thoses small gnats (called no-see-ems) to get in. They usually come in a dusk.

Did you get the A/C ?

Bean
Yes we have a/c
Old 07-01-2011, 04:31 PM   #10

Our dealer/sales geek was pretty disinterested in the walk around, the shop guy was pretty good, but even he was lacking on some thing I think he should have known about ( you work on these things everyday, it should become habit and common knowledge )

There are 2 bars in the "A" of the tongue, between the box and the LP try, I asked if batteries would fit in there " I don't know, probably not " WELL, they do, you can fit 2 in battery boxes one on either side of the roof lift cable, leaving extra room for a second LP tank or some other gadget on the tongue.

I've had issue with the right side door on the trunk coming open while traveling, fortunately, the lower lock kept it from flinging open.

OH, and be sure to LOCK the sliding box in the trunk in place, it WILL slide and push the doors open in short order.
Old 07-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blkvoodoo View Post
There are 2 bars in the "A" of the tongue, between the box and the LP try, I asked if batteries would fit in there " I don't know, probably not " WELL, they do, you can fit 2 in battery boxes one on either side of the roof lift cable, leaving extra room for a second LP tank or some other gadget on the tongue.
If you have brakes, then you need a battery for the emergency braking system. The dealer should have supplied that.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
If you have brakes, then you need a battery for the emergency braking system. The dealer should have supplied that.
oh, they did, they mounted the battery on the tray next to the LP tank, used self drilling self tapping screws to hold the box to the plate, but the belt was (loosely) around the box.

when asked what the holes in the plate on each side of the tongue were for, they had no clue. ( rectangular holes on either side of plate on tongue )

They are for Weight distribution hitch chain hanger clamps
Old 07-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpetrey View Post
Hello we just purchased a 625D and are looking forward our first trip July 8th. We have had a Jayco and a Coleman pop up in the past really about 15 years ago. If anyone else has the 625D we would appreciate and tips and suggestions.

See you outdoors!
Well we took our first trip out this past weekend to Ray Roberts Lake State park. We found a few things that the dealer will have to fix and it was 105 degrees on Friday but it was still a good outing. Can't wait for next month
Old 07-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #14

Question

I cannot find anywhere to order the collapsible kitchen pantry and wardrobe online. Does Forest River have them for individual sale?

Thanks
Old 07-24-2011, 07:54 AM   #15
Flagstaff 625D Popup

We got the pantry from a dealer. They had to order a camper with it to get it. It was kind of expensive ($50) if I remember.

We want to get the wardrobe too. I guess we'll have to do the same thing (have the dealer order a camper with it).

Bean
Old 07-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #16

Flagstaff 625D

Our family bought a 625d last year and have spent 40 nights camping in it. We have had a blast. One thing that has bothered me is that the top of the door will not stay clipped on when the awning is extended. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for fixes? Looks like the weight of the awning pushes the roof over.

Best--Jeremy
livelylittlecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 09:46 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelylittlecampers View Post
Our family bought a 625d last year and have spent 40 nights camping in it. We have had a blast. One thing that has bothered me is that the top of the door will not stay clipped on when the awning is extended. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas for fixes? Looks like the weight of the awning pushes the roof over.

Best--Jeremy
Thanks for the post we did have a problem with the door and I thought it was user error. We had our awning setup like you described. I will have to experiment this weekend. I will let you know.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:56 AM   #18

Gaucho question. There is storage under our gaucho and there are two doors on the inside to access it. For somethings it would be easier to access from the top under the seat. However when I lift the seat up it appears that my only option is to turn it into a bed. Is there a way to raise the seat up to get better access to the storage area?

Thanks
Old 08-03-2011, 07:06 PM   #19

Gaucho

On mine I am able to pull up the seat and gain better access. It does try to slide into the bed and you kinda have to hold it up. It is a bit of a pain getting in and out of this area. I don't use that area much. Have you discovered that there is a nice sized storage area between the shower and and table next to the dinette?
livelylittlecampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelylittlecampers View Post
On mine I am able to pull up the seat and gain better access. It does try to slide into the bed and you kinda have to hold it up. It is a bit of a pain getting in and out of this area. I don't use that area much. Have you discovered that there is a nice sized storage area between the shower and and table next to the dinette?
Are you talking about the area that is left when you close the dinette slide?