Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
2012 Flagstaff 625D

2012 Flagstaff 625D Radio Question

Just brought our new 2012 Flagstaff 625D home last week. We seem to be doing pretty well with learning how things function but we ran into one thing that is making us scratch our heads. We have not yet bought a "cheeter" adaptor for the electric so we have not been able to plug it in yet to test the electric at home (was tested at the dealership during our demo) and my son decided to turn on the radio which obviously the battery powers since there was no electric hooked up (I am sure the neighbors loved it since he had it cranked up pretty loud ). Now the problem is since he did this the power button is red on the radio (I guess stand by mode) which was not lit previously and I am afraid this will slowly drain the battery. Is this an issue or not? The main switch inside the door for the lights and such is off.

Any assistance would be much appreciated!
bradyashton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Don't worry about it. The other electronics draw much more current than the red light on the radio.

The battery will slowly die unless you disconnect one of the leads from it.

Bean
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #3

....or pull the fuse in the red connector ( has a cap on it) on the frame rail just above the breakaway switch.

this fuse ( 20amp) allows the CO/LP detector to work as well, and thats the 'other' draw you are having on the battery.

FYI, there is a frame across the tongue between the box and the LP tank, you can set 2 batteries in boxes in this frame ( straddling the lift cable from the winch ) and then have added room for a second LP tank on the plate, or a mounting place for some other gadget on the plate. My dealer tech didn't know that batteries would fit there when asked (maybe I was expecting too much?).

I have added a second battery to ours and mounted them on the frame mentioned above, roof winch performance was greatly improved, lights don't dim as much when operating strictly from 12v.
have been using camper in driveway the last 2 weeks, battery voltage was down to 12.3v, about 70%, not too bad.

at some point I will replace the wiring from the batteries to the converter and inside power box with heavier gauge, should reduce voltage drop further ( less dimming of lights when other 12v appliances are operated). as $$ allows, will also convert all lighting to LED.

get the15amp/30amp adapter, it's cheap and worth it, and get a GOOD extension cord, 12ga wire minimum, 50 ft. don't let your battery get too low, the converter/charger doesn't like charging dead batteries.
Blkvoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:07 AM   #4

I really do not have a use for the radio and am thinking of taking it out and adding a door to access the storage behind it.
jpetrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
2012 Flagstaff 625D

Thx for all the replies. Right now I have the camper hooked up to the household electric and will disconnect the battery when we are done camping for the season. I love music and had my iPod hooked up to it this weekend on our maiden voyage. Couldn't get a radio station at all while camping so have to check it at home here to see if it will pick up a station. If not back to the dealership it will go to address my 30 day list.
bradyashton is offline   Reply With Quote