Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2019, 02:26 PM   #1

2014 Rockwood HW 277 bed rail issue

Hi. I attached a picture of my bunk rail issue. The black metal piece that sits inside the rail gets dragged forward and jams up the bunk.
Do you know a cause? Maybe the nylon wheel isn't turning, just pushing this metal?
Thanks so much
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2C266A2F-0B1F-4790-AFFA-97BC2B26F2AE.jpeg
Views:	81
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	208571  
Tammy4718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 02:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy4718 View Post
Hi. I attached a picture of my bunk rail issue. The black metal piece that sits inside the rail gets dragged forward and jams up the bunk.

Do you know a cause? Maybe the nylon wheel isn't turning, just pushing this metal?

Thanks so much

I’ll be following this, as my bed is doing the same thing. I have until September for my one year warranty. After my vacation in August it’s going back to the dealer.
bundy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:23 PM   #3

This must be fairly common because the picture I attached isn't even my camper. I got it from a Facebook group I'm in and she had a better shot of it than I did.
It can't be a hard fix but we still need answers
Tammy4718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 03:34 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy4718 View Post
This must be fairly common because the picture I attached isn't even my camper. I got it from a Facebook group I'm in and she had a better shot of it than I did.
It can't be a hard fix but we still need answers

Here is my pic. Almost identical.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2716.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	404.7 KB
ID:	208575
Old 06-30-2019, 04:50 PM   #5

I thought that the black material is a hard nylon type of plastic that is there as a wear surface to protect the railing. A type of flat bushing.

If it's getting pushed out, looks like the bed rail is causing binding in the wall railing, pushing that bushing like material out. Perhaps the wall railing is shorter than others, not distributing the weight of the bed rail, and putting more weight on a spot, pushing it out.

Perhaps that black bushing, flat material could be screwed at each end of the wall railing so that it doesn't push out? If a screw couldn't be used because of contact, perhaps and industrial adhesive could be used.
2024 Black Jeep Grand Cherokee L Altitude 4WD, 121" WB, 3.6L, 8 speed, Blacked Out Package, 265/50R20 wheels, 6,200# Tow Rating, pulling a 2020 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Go through Indiana Dunes NP 5X/week! Previously had 2012 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH and 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH Travel Trailers. Also previously had 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroom, Previously had 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet.
Mike91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike91 View Post
I thought that the black material is a hard nylon type of plastic that is there as a wear surface to protect the railing. A type of flat bushing.

If it's getting pushed out, looks like the bed rail is causing binding in the wall railing, pushing that bushing like material out. Perhaps the wall railing is shorter than others, not distributing the weight of the bed rail, and putting more weight on a spot, pushing it out.

Perhaps that black bushing, flat material could be screwed at each end of the wall railing so that it doesn't push out? If a screw couldn't be used because of contact, perhaps and industrial adhesive could be used.

Good idea. I thought about the screw, but not adhesive.
Old 06-30-2019, 07:11 PM   #7

I have a HW model as well. I use a spray dry lube on the bed rails where ever I can. It makes opening/closing much easier and may alleviate the issue you are having once you get that glide piece back in place. I would have to believe you are having some difficulty’s moving the bed or beds. Hope this helps.
MohicanJeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, bed, rockwood