Old 01-13-2019, 05:42 PM   #1

2019 Rockwood tent camper premier, model 2716G

Dumb question but itís our first pop up camper.
The toilet. After you flush, do you add a little water to keep in the bowl? Like the toilet in our house has water in it.
We didnít add water at first after flushing. Then thought perhaps we should. It was after leaving water in the toilet that we noticed a small amount of water on the floor. I investigated and found nothing ďleakingĒ. After not leaving in water in the toilet, we then saw no more water on the floor. It appears the water left in the toilet bowl leaked out & onto our floor. Any ideas out there?

tcthoresen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 07:53 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcthoresen View Post
The toilet. After you flush, do you add a little water to keep in the bowl? Like the toilet in our house has water in it.
We didnít add water at first after flushing. Then thought perhaps we should. It was after leaving water in the toilet that we noticed a small amount of water on the floor. I investigated and found nothing ďleakingĒ. After not leaving in water in the toilet, we then saw no more water on the floor. It appears the water left in the toilet bowl leaked out & onto our floor. Any ideas out there?
Did you move the camper with water in the bowl, if so it will splash out onto the floor. Please tell me you dont have a dog drinking out of it and dripping onto the floor

Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:06 PM   #3

Good questions: No, we did not drive it with water in the toilet bowl. No, the dog didn't drink out of it. We could see where the water was coming out of on the floor near the base of the toilet area. It's hard to describe. I didn't take a picture. I wish I did. I'll have to investigate more this weekend in the driveway. We noticed it last night before going to bed and there wasn't time to really look, it was late and dark. This morning we had to check out and drive home. I was wondering, there is a double seal around the hole in the toilet. I wonder if one was to the tank and the other leaked onto the floor? It stopped when we didn't leave any water in the toilet. Probably user error. lol
tcthoresen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Good questions: No, we did not drive it with water in the toilet bowl. No, the dog didn't drink out of it. We could see where the water was coming out of on the floor near the base of the toilet area. It's hard to describe. I didn't take a picture. I wish I did. I'll have to investigate more this weekend in the driveway. We noticed it last night before going to bed and there wasn't time to really look, it was late and dark. This morning we had to check out and drive home. I was wondering, there is a double seal around the hole in the toilet. I wonder if one was to the tank and the other leaked onto the floor? It stopped when we didn't leave any water in the toilet. Probably user error. lol
You need to check it as soon as possible. Also make sure it's not leaking underneath the camper. Sometimes the plumbing is not tightened correctly and there could be more water below than on top on floor
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:19 PM   #5

It might be a leak and this forum can talk you through anything. I found in our popup that the flush swirl was so strong that sometimes it would swirl up, over and down the side like a little leak. So dry the floor up, leave the seat up, do a good flush with foot peddle all the way down for a second or two. Then check for any water overboard. Hopefully that is it. But could be a seal or loose connection also.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #6

Quote:
First the gasket should be lubricated with the maker's recommend lube so that the knife valve seals correctly.

Second, with a cassette or porti potty, don't add water to sit in the bowl, only for use. It will leak into the cassette and really isn't needed since the lubricated gasket and knife valve should seal out the orders.

Third, no water should end up on the floor from the knife valve leaking. If leaking, it should go into the cassette, not on the floor. You may have a crack in the bowl or are not pushing the cassette in correctly.
2016 Ford F150 XLT, CC, 4WD, 145" WB, 5.0L, 6 speed, 3.73 9.75" Locking Axle, 1890# Payload, SAE J2807 method Actual 10,720# Tow Rating, Pulling a 2019 Rockwood Premier 2716G Pop Up, with a 14' box. Previous 2007 Starcraft 2406 Pop Up with 12' box and bathroomPrevious 2005 Rockwood 2290 Pop Up with 12' box and porta potty cabinet. Also previously had 2008 Jayco Jay Flight 19BH and 2012 Jay Flight 26BH Travel Trailers.
Mike91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 11:15 PM   #7
Ham Call N8SAC

Don’t know I have had my camper since 2014 and never used the commode or shower.

Maxwell D Pratt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, rockwood, tent camper