Old 06-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #1
2318G awning. I'm stumped!

I'm trying to figure out the awning in my new to me 2006 2318G popup.

After unzipping and rolling it out, I see that there are two collapsable rods that fold out from the channel that runs front to back along the ouside edge of the awning. There are loops that apparently the end of one rod goes into, then the rod is extended to tighten the awning.

Where I'm getting tripped up is where the second rod attaches to the camper. It has a plate on it's end which has two holes in it. From what I have seen from videos I have found trying to figure this out, that plate is supposed to attach to a fitting on the side of the camper. Thing is, no such attach points are on my camper. The awning has been used before, so what the??!

I'm wondering if this awning was a replacement for the original which might have been the type that had poles that extended to the ground. If so, any idea for a source for these missing fittings, and where/how it is safe to attach them??

Thanks in advance!

Jeff Orear
Peshtigo, WI

Painless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:01 AM   #2
Look under the bag it may be there at the edge of it. Mine where black in color on my high wall

kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #3
I found them in a plastic bag in one of the drawers. Now the question is, why weren't they put on? Any downside to mounting them? Is there enough support user the "skin" of the camper to screw them in safely?

Jeff Orear
Peshtigo, WI
Painless is offline   Reply With Quote

2318g, awning