Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #1

2716G Owners

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but any 2716G owners on here? When I was looking it seemed the 2716G was their "main advertisement". Every dealership I called said they only order 2716G's... Yet coming on here, I don't see many people who have them? Also did a search and nothing popped up (I like my pun) on them. I originally looked at the HW296 but was talked out of it. Just curious if I'm alone or not
Old 10-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #2

Why we're u talked out of a high wall
jwh4984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh4984 View Post
Why we're u talked out of a high wall
No outdoor fridge, smaller dinette, smaller couch that people have to crawl over to get in/out of bed, and was told they are hard to sell due to being a tandem axle, most people who buy pop ups can't tow them so it cuts the market down. Was also told the holding tanks fill super fast and that if you are camping for a week and grey/black tank fills, you would need to pack up and tow it to a dump then setup again. I know most places have sewage, but a few places we go does not.. and I have 3 kids.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #4

Well gotta say I bought the one with the outdoor kitchen and love it the grey water can fill up fast but I carry a portable to dump into with the 277 model the floor plan is open so there is nothing to crawl over of course I'm not trying to talk u into a high wall I know it's all about personal preference
Old 10-12-2017, 07:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Well gotta say I bought the one with the outdoor kitchen and love it the grey water can fill up fast but I carry a portable to dump into with the 277 model the floor plan is open so there is nothing to crawl over of course I'm not trying to talk u into a high wall I know it's all about personal preference
We looked at a 277. They were nice, but we needed an outdoor fridge, couch, and wanted the bigger dinette. Right now we have the outdoor fridge and grill, only thing we don't have is outside sink. And we needed the bigger dinette and couch for more sleeping room. With 3 kids we have so far slept 10 comfortably with no issues. Now I will say, if I didn't have kids, I would be in a whole different market. And I'm already concocting a way to make a detachable outdoor sink if mine doesn't sell
Old 10-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #6

I passed on a hw as well. I didn’t want to deal with tanks and the line to empty them. Got a 2516g and the family loves it. If I camped with sewage hook up it would be different, but I don’t ever have full hook ups. The hw sure have nice kitchens, but we are rarely inside. I really like the big couch for seating and the huge dinette. Pros and cons to everything.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhugo View Post
I passed on a hw as well. I didn’t want to deal with tanks and the line to empty them. Got a 2516g and the family loves it. If I camped with sewage hook up it would be different, but I don’t ever have full hook ups. The hw sure have nice kitchens, but we are rarely inside. I really like the big couch for seating and the huge dinette. Pros and cons to everything.
Yeah, it's crazy the different configs. When I first started looking I couldn't understand why there were so many. Then as I started looking, I realized why..everyone is in a different situation. I just wish that they all had bay windows for the kitchens.. I'm having a hard time understanding why they all dont. And there were others I liked, but only had a toilet, no inside shower. I like that my shower/toilet folds down for more counter space when not using. And I'm going to build a detachable sink for mine so I have a full outdoor kitchen. Going to order parts from rockwood so it looks factory. The kitchen was really my big deal breaker. Having 3 kids and spending most our time outside, last time we went camping both fridges were full, and I use the outside grille a ton.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:55 AM   #8

If you look online at Cabela's .come they actually make a nice out door type kitchen with sinks and pantry
Old 10-13-2017, 06:12 AM   #9

Quote:
If you look online at Cabela's .come they actually make a nice out door type kitchen with sinks and pantry
I've looked at those, they are a little bit too big. With what i"m doing, I'll be able to store the spare right inside my door, then just hang it, and use quick connects for water.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
No outdoor fridge, smaller dinette, smaller couch that people have to crawl over to get in/out of bed, and was told they are hard to sell due to being a tandem axle, most people who buy pop ups can't tow them so it cuts the market down. Was also told the holding tanks fill super fast and that if you are camping for a week and grey/black tank fills, you would need to pack up and tow it to a dump then setup again. I know most places have sewage, but a few places we go does not.. and I have 3 kids.
We looked at all of the HW models and once we found a used 2716 we fell in love. The dinnet is better than the HW models and we liked the layout better. The used one was more expensive than a new one. We had to order ours as well. We are very happy with ours.
Soft 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soft 17 View Post
We looked at all of the HW models and once we found a used 2716 we fell in love. The dinnet is better than the HW models and we liked the layout better. The used one was more expensive than a new one. We had to order ours as well. We are very happy with ours.
Yeah, pricing is crazy different depending on where you live. From what I've read, if you live near IL, MO, etc.. they are cheap. If you go anywhere on either coast/etc.. they rise like 4K for the same thing. It's nuts. Place I got mine from in IL said the majority of their clients are from TX, CA, PA, NY, GA, WA, etc..
Old 10-20-2017, 12:24 PM   #12

Yea I paid 15k out the door but im okay with that.
Soft 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Maybe I missed it somewhere, but any 2716G owners on here? When I was looking it seemed the 2716G was their "main advertisement". Every dealership I called said they only order 2716G's... Yet coming on here, I don't see many people who have them? Also did a search and nothing popped up (I like my pun) on them. I originally looked at the HW296 but was talked out of it. Just curious if I'm alone or not

I just bought a 2716g in June and have used it for about 50 nights worth of camping since then. We traveled cross country and spent a month on the road there alone. We are a family of 5 and we love it. I have to admit lots of small problems such as stove screws coming out, two screws above door falling out, bed gliders always loosening. Fixable but irritating. Overall though love it and it is very roomy.
yosemitesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 06:26 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosemitesam View Post
I just bought a 2716g in June and have used it for about 50 nights worth of camping since then. We traveled cross country and spent a month on the road there alone. We are a family of 5 and we love it. I have to admit lots of small problems such as stove screws coming out, two screws above door falling out, bed gliders always loosening. Fixable but irritating. Overall though love it and it is very roomy.
Only quality issue that I found with mine is the bed sliding locks.. on just one of them the piece you grab comes unscrewed.. but nothing else. Although it seems like you used yours quite a bit more than me
Old 01-07-2018, 09:13 PM   #15

2016 2716g

I have had so many issues with my trailer, mostly small but enough of a problem to make me almost hate taking the thing out! I have only used it 4 times since I got it in 2016! The quality on this trying is terrible! First time we used it I went to open the window on the entrance door and the entire door just fell apart, needless to say we were freezing that night, used up so much propane trying to keep warm. We had to order a new door and travel 4 hrs to pick it up because the dealer we used refused to ship it to us. The new door is just as much of a piece of crap I will never open the windows on it again. And the water pump doesn’t work,. Second time out the aide twnt tip out of the two screws holding it in and we have to try to put it back in the track but kept popping out and my kids pillows were falling out of the trailer at night, another cold trip! We had to screw the stupid plastic thing back into the track and used silicone glue to make sure it doesn’t happen again. 3 rd time out the dining side tent came out of the track! Trust me if you get one put extra screws as the two they put just rip the plastic. 4 th trip the seal on the inside roof came unglued and started to fall down! The couch seems are not even sewn together all the way in the back so you see the actual cushion. Oh and the screws on the stove have fallen out,. The auto crank system is so freaking loud that anyone near by stares at us and we cannot arrive in a campground late due to how loud it is! I love the looks of this trailer but I will never buy another rockwood, wish I could trade it in but I would be upside down😟 so we just camp a couple of times a year now cuz I don’t want to deal with those issues!
Carrie_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:15 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_camper View Post
I have had so many issues with my trailer, mostly small but enough of a problem to make me almost hate taking the thing out! I have only used it 4 times since I got it in 2016! The quality on this trying is terrible! First time we used it I went to open the window on the entrance door and the entire door just fell apart, needless to say we were freezing that night, used up so much propane trying to keep warm. We had to order a new door and travel 4 hrs to pick it up because the dealer we used refused to ship it to us. The new door is just as much of a piece of crap I will never open the windows on it again. And the water pump doesn’t work,. Second time out the aide twnt tip out of the two screws holding it in and we have to try to put it back in the track but kept popping out and my kids pillows were falling out of the trailer at night, another cold trip! We had to screw the stupid plastic thing back into the track and used silicone glue to make sure it doesn’t happen again. 3 rd time out the dining side tent came out of the track! Trust me if you get one put extra screws as the two they put just rip the plastic. 4 th trip the seal on the inside roof came unglued and started to fall down! The couch seems are not even sewn together all the way in the back so you see the actual cushion. Oh and the screws on the stove have fallen out,. The auto crank system is so freaking loud that anyone near by stares at us and we cannot arrive in a campground late due to how loud it is! I love the looks of this trailer but I will never buy another rockwood, wish I could trade it in but I would be upside down😟 so we just camp a couple of times a year now cuz I don’t want to deal with those issues!
Sounds like you got a lemon or something. What do you mean by the door fell apart? I take the windows out of mine everytime and I think it's an awesome feature. Although those panels do need to go back in a certain way or they won't seal.. and I've had mine in 30 degree weather with just a small space heater and it toasted us out. As far as the other stuff.. I can't believe your dealer didn't check that stuff.. the place we bought from literally went over every single nook/cranny in the camper.. tightened screws, installed stuff, checked pumps, heater, etc..
Old 01-08-2018, 12:46 PM   #17

Quote:
Sounds like you got a lemon or something. What do you mean by the door fell apart? I take the windows out of mine everytime and I think it's an awesome feature. Although those panels do need to go back in a certain way or they won't seal.. and I've had mine in 30 degree weather with just a small space heater and it toasted us out. As far as the other stuff.. I can't believe your dealer didn't check that stuff.. the place we bought from literally went over every single nook/cranny in the camper.. tightened screws, installed stuff, checked pumps, heater, etc..
I think I did get a lemon! The dealer we went through was completely incompetent, the guy did go through the trailer but he was new on the job and said he really only dealt with travel trailers at his prior job. When they tested the water for us, it sputtered and he said oh the guys must have not filled it with water but you can see it is trying to push the water through, dummy us we believed him I refuse to take it back to them due to their rudeness and incompetence and not to mention they moved locations so I would have to travel 4 hours to get there, then have to go pick it back up another time. Not worth my time and gas money, we are going to have it fixed locally and pay out of pocket. The door, I simply pulled in the two tabs on the sides and slid it down, well it didn't grab and fell all the way down to the bottom of the door and then the whole thing came apart! there are no screws holding it all corners together so they all popped out, it was so cold because there was NO DOOR! it was in pieces! a towel did not keep enough of the cold out so that is why they heater ran all night, bye bye propane. We only dry camp.
Carrie_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 07:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie_camper View Post
I think I did get a lemon! The dealer we went through was completely incompetent, the guy did go through the trailer but he was new on the job and said he really only dealt with travel trailers at his prior job. When they tested the water for us, it sputtered and he said oh the guys must have not filled it with water but you can see it is trying to push the water through, dummy us we believed him I refuse to take it back to them due to their rudeness and incompetence and not to mention they moved locations so I would have to travel 4 hours to get there, then have to go pick it back up another time. Not worth my time and gas money, we are going to have it fixed locally and pay out of pocket. The door, I simply pulled in the two tabs on the sides and slid it down, well it didn't grab and fell all the way down to the bottom of the door and then the whole thing came apart! there are no screws holding it all corners together so they all popped out, it was so cold because there was NO DOOR! it was in pieces! a towel did not keep enough of the cold out so that is why they heater ran all night, bye bye propane. We only dry camp.
Do yourself a favor and attempt to fix it yourself. Those pumps are tiny.. and location is super easy to get to. Those pumps don't look too expensive either.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #19

We're picking ours up later this month

Have been looking for a while and this model seems to fit the bill. Looking forward to getting it home and prepped for a trip somewhere warm.
RTraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:03 PM   #20

We just sold our Fleetwood Yuma and are looking at this 2716G Rockwood model. We have looked at a left over 2017 never used and they dropped the price to 12k. It has no AC and no Awning. Is this a good deal?
Skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote