Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 31
2716G Owners

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but any 2716G owners on here? When I was looking it seemed the 2716G was their "main advertisement". Every dealership I called said they only order 2716G's... Yet coming on here, I don't see many people who have them? Also did a search and nothing popped up (I like my pun) on them. I originally looked at the HW296 but was talked out of it. Just curious if I'm alone or not
__________________

__________________
2018 Rockwood 2716G
n0useforaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
jwh4984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 17
Why we're u talked out of a high wall
__________________

__________________
jwh4984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh4984 View Post
Why we're u talked out of a high wall
No outdoor fridge, smaller dinette, smaller couch that people have to crawl over to get in/out of bed, and was told they are hard to sell due to being a tandem axle, most people who buy pop ups can't tow them so it cuts the market down. Was also told the holding tanks fill super fast and that if you are camping for a week and grey/black tank fills, you would need to pack up and tow it to a dump then setup again. I know most places have sewage, but a few places we go does not.. and I have 3 kids.
__________________
2018 Rockwood 2716G
n0useforaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
jwh4984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 17
Well gotta say I bought the one with the outdoor kitchen and love it the grey water can fill up fast but I carry a portable to dump into with the 277 model the floor plan is open so there is nothing to crawl over of course I'm not trying to talk u into a high wall I know it's all about personal preference
__________________
jwh4984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 07:04 AM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh4984 View Post
Well gotta say I bought the one with the outdoor kitchen and love it the grey water can fill up fast but I carry a portable to dump into with the 277 model the floor plan is open so there is nothing to crawl over of course I'm not trying to talk u into a high wall I know it's all about personal preference
We looked at a 277. They were nice, but we needed an outdoor fridge, couch, and wanted the bigger dinette. Right now we have the outdoor fridge and grill, only thing we don't have is outside sink. And we needed the bigger dinette and couch for more sleeping room. With 3 kids we have so far slept 10 comfortably with no issues. Now I will say, if I didn't have kids, I would be in a whole different market. And I'm already concocting a way to make a detachable outdoor sink if mine doesn't sell
__________________
2018 Rockwood 2716G
n0useforaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 44
I passed on a hw as well. I didnít want to deal with tanks and the line to empty them. Got a 2516g and the family loves it. If I camped with sewage hook up it would be different, but I donít ever have full hook ups. The hw sure have nice kitchens, but we are rarely inside. I really like the big couch for seating and the huge dinette. Pros and cons to everything.
__________________
2014 Rockwood 2516g
2011 Ram 1500 quad cab 4.7 4x4
Bhugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 10:44 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhugo View Post
I passed on a hw as well. I didnít want to deal with tanks and the line to empty them. Got a 2516g and the family loves it. If I camped with sewage hook up it would be different, but I donít ever have full hook ups. The hw sure have nice kitchens, but we are rarely inside. I really like the big couch for seating and the huge dinette. Pros and cons to everything.
Yeah, it's crazy the different configs. When I first started looking I couldn't understand why there were so many. Then as I started looking, I realized why..everyone is in a different situation. I just wish that they all had bay windows for the kitchens.. I'm having a hard time understanding why they all dont. And there were others I liked, but only had a toilet, no inside shower. I like that my shower/toilet folds down for more counter space when not using. And I'm going to build a detachable sink for mine so I have a full outdoor kitchen. Going to order parts from rockwood so it looks factory. The kitchen was really my big deal breaker. Having 3 kids and spending most our time outside, last time we went camping both fridges were full, and I use the outside grille a ton.
__________________
2018 Rockwood 2716G
n0useforaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:55 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
jwh4984's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 17
If you look online at Cabela's .come they actually make a nice out door type kitchen with sinks and pantry
__________________
jwh4984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:12 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh4984 View Post
If you look online at Cabela's .come they actually make a nice out door type kitchen with sinks and pantry
I've looked at those, they are a little bit too big. With what i"m doing, I'll be able to store the spare right inside my door, then just hang it, and use quick connects for water.
__________________
2018 Rockwood 2716G
n0useforaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Luis Obispo
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
No outdoor fridge, smaller dinette, smaller couch that people have to crawl over to get in/out of bed, and was told they are hard to sell due to being a tandem axle, most people who buy pop ups can't tow them so it cuts the market down. Was also told the holding tanks fill super fast and that if you are camping for a week and grey/black tank fills, you would need to pack up and tow it to a dump then setup again. I know most places have sewage, but a few places we go does not.. and I have 3 kids.
We looked at all of the HW models and once we found a used 2716 we fell in love. The dinnet is better than the HW models and we liked the layout better. The used one was more expensive than a new one. We had to order ours as well. We are very happy with ours.
__________________

__________________
Soft 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Winterizing | - »
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.