Old 10-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #1

2716G Owners

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but any 2716G owners on here? When I was looking it seemed the 2716G was their "main advertisement". Every dealership I called said they only order 2716G's... Yet coming on here, I don't see many people who have them? Also did a search and nothing popped up (I like my pun) on them. I originally looked at the HW296 but was talked out of it. Just curious if I'm alone or not

Old 10-11-2017, 01:13 PM   #2

Why we're u talked out of a high wall

Old 10-11-2017, 01:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwh4984 View Post
Why we're u talked out of a high wall
No outdoor fridge, smaller dinette, smaller couch that people have to crawl over to get in/out of bed, and was told they are hard to sell due to being a tandem axle, most people who buy pop ups can't tow them so it cuts the market down. Was also told the holding tanks fill super fast and that if you are camping for a week and grey/black tank fills, you would need to pack up and tow it to a dump then setup again. I know most places have sewage, but a few places we go does not.. and I have 3 kids.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:55 PM   #4

Well gotta say I bought the one with the outdoor kitchen and love it the grey water can fill up fast but I carry a portable to dump into with the 277 model the floor plan is open so there is nothing to crawl over of course I'm not trying to talk u into a high wall I know it's all about personal preference
Old 10-12-2017, 07:04 AM   #5

Quote:
Well gotta say I bought the one with the outdoor kitchen and love it the grey water can fill up fast but I carry a portable to dump into with the 277 model the floor plan is open so there is nothing to crawl over of course I'm not trying to talk u into a high wall I know it's all about personal preference
We looked at a 277. They were nice, but we needed an outdoor fridge, couch, and wanted the bigger dinette. Right now we have the outdoor fridge and grill, only thing we don't have is outside sink. And we needed the bigger dinette and couch for more sleeping room. With 3 kids we have so far slept 10 comfortably with no issues. Now I will say, if I didn't have kids, I would be in a whole different market. And I'm already concocting a way to make a detachable outdoor sink if mine doesn't sell
Old 10-12-2017, 05:06 PM   #6

I passed on a hw as well. I didnít want to deal with tanks and the line to empty them. Got a 2516g and the family loves it. If I camped with sewage hook up it would be different, but I donít ever have full hook ups. The hw sure have nice kitchens, but we are rarely inside. I really like the big couch for seating and the huge dinette. Pros and cons to everything.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhugo View Post
I passed on a hw as well. I didnít want to deal with tanks and the line to empty them. Got a 2516g and the family loves it. If I camped with sewage hook up it would be different, but I donít ever have full hook ups. The hw sure have nice kitchens, but we are rarely inside. I really like the big couch for seating and the huge dinette. Pros and cons to everything.
Yeah, it's crazy the different configs. When I first started looking I couldn't understand why there were so many. Then as I started looking, I realized why..everyone is in a different situation. I just wish that they all had bay windows for the kitchens.. I'm having a hard time understanding why they all dont. And there were others I liked, but only had a toilet, no inside shower. I like that my shower/toilet folds down for more counter space when not using. And I'm going to build a detachable sink for mine so I have a full outdoor kitchen. Going to order parts from rockwood so it looks factory. The kitchen was really my big deal breaker. Having 3 kids and spending most our time outside, last time we went camping both fridges were full, and I use the outside grille a ton.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:55 AM   #8

If you look online at Cabela's .come they actually make a nice out door type kitchen with sinks and pantry
Old 10-13-2017, 06:12 AM   #9

Quote:
If you look online at Cabela's .come they actually make a nice out door type kitchen with sinks and pantry
I've looked at those, they are a little bit too big. With what i"m doing, I'll be able to store the spare right inside my door, then just hang it, and use quick connects for water.
Old Yesterday, 10:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0useforaname View Post
No outdoor fridge, smaller dinette, smaller couch that people have to crawl over to get in/out of bed, and was told they are hard to sell due to being a tandem axle, most people who buy pop ups can't tow them so it cuts the market down. Was also told the holding tanks fill super fast and that if you are camping for a week and grey/black tank fills, you would need to pack up and tow it to a dump then setup again. I know most places have sewage, but a few places we go does not.. and I have 3 kids.
We looked at all of the HW models and once we found a used 2716 we fell in love. The dinnet is better than the HW models and we liked the layout better. The used one was more expensive than a new one. We had to order ours as well. We are very happy with ours.

« Winterizing | - »