Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #1

A/C A.C. connection leak

We have a 2009 Rockwood HW296. We really like this camper.
However, when folded down the Air Conditioner (A/C) power (A.C.) plug on the roof appears to leak in a driving rain.

I say this as in the past we have opened it up after a hard rain to find the curtain right behind the plug soaking wet and water in various spots in the camper. One time it was on the front mattress. This last time the canvas over the slideout was wet, and there was a puddle of water on the containers we store on the slideout.

If we cover the front part of the camper with a tarp it is fine. The only down side it is a pain if we get a suprise storm or we forget to cover the camper.

Anyone else heard of or have this issue?

Thank you,

Ron
huizarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:41 PM   #2

Hi Ron.

We have recently purchased a 2011 HW 296. We have had it out and popped up during a couple of severe rain storms, and I have not noticed any leakage in this area.

We did have some water dripping from the canvas on the bunks, but I believe this was simply condensation as we have started turning on the fantastic fan at night and no more leaks.

Good luck.

Rob
RobNKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, plug, rockwood hw296, leak