Old 09-23-2015, 06:58 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by guttafixit View Post
Sounds like a weekend trip..
I will ask the wife if she wouldn't mind going down.
What part you in?
If you're serious, I'm in southeast PA (Berks county, not far from Reading). (45 min NW of Philly.)

I have a 2011 pup with a 13,500 btu Coleman unit.

Works fine, but will be pulling it off after my last trip in mid-Oct so I can fit the pup in the garage for the winter. Then in the spring, I'll be replacing it with a low profile unit so it'll fit in the garage year round.

As far as price for a used unit, I'll go with the majority opinion of the forum.

'07 Chevy Silverado
'07 Chevy Tahoe
'11 HW27sc
jw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:23 PM   #12

If your roof vent is in the right rear of your camper, you will have to cut the 14 X 14 hole in your roof for the AC unit. The cross rails for support are on the roof center with the axel. Good luck on your install.

Old 09-25-2015, 01:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
If you're serious, I'm in southeast PA (Berks county, not far from Reading). (45 min NW of Philly.)

Works fine, but will be pulling it off after my last trip in mid-Oct so I can fit the pup in the garage for the winter. Then in the spring, I'll be replacing it with a low profile unit so it'll fit in the garage year round.

As far as price for a used unit, I'll go with the majority opinion of the forum.
I will get back to you. We are going to a Pats game the end of Oct.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBar View Post
If your roof vent is in the right rear of your camper, you will have to cut the 14 X 14 hole in your roof for the AC unit. The cross rails for support are on the roof center with the axel. Good luck on your install.
Standing inside faces the front of the camper the vent is on the back right. So I'll have to find where to cut a hole.
I was wondering how a A/C unit would fit that close to the side and rear of the top.
Thanks
Old 09-25-2015, 03:04 PM   #15

Our a/c in our Wolf Pup is so loud that we can hardly hear ourselves talking. Anybody out there with a 2015 Wolf Pup?
Old 09-25-2015, 06:07 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachw View Post
Our a/c in our Wolf Pup is so loud that we can hardly hear ourselves talking. Anybody out there with a 2015 Wolf Pup?
they are all much louder than what you are used to in your home.
davel1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 07:18 AM   #17

mine came with a Coleman Mach 8 13.5Kbtu
no heat strip, space heater works better and is cheaper than the heat strip parts.

the difference that i know is the Mach 8 is shorter by far compared to the mach 3 mach 8 is 8.25 inches and the mach 3 is 13.85

it works fine in South Florida in June, I can attest to that, not going to find a much hotter or more humid climate that time of year
Old 09-27-2015, 04:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw34 View Post

She said it was too far. And don't think we would have enough cash to do it by then end of Oct.
Thanks anyways.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:00 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmarz View Post
mine came with a Coleman Mach 8 13.5Kbtu
no heat strip, space heater works better and is cheaper than the heat strip parts.

the difference that i know is the Mach 8 is shorter by far compared to the mach 3 mach 8 is 8.25 inches and the mach 3 is 13.85

it works fine in South Florida in June, I can attest to that, not going to find a much hotter or more humid climate that time of year
I will look into that.
Thanks
Old 09-27-2015, 05:06 PM   #20

I couldn't find 4 dimples (14" square") on the ceiling that would be for the ac unit. So looks like I'll have to cut the roof. If I can find a diagram of the roof bracing.

Tags
roo, roof