Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #1

ac power cord

I have a 2008 flagstaff 206st. I have never used the Ac but will be soon. There is not a built in power cord on the unit-just a male 110 connection to plug an extension cord into. I plugged into it and ran to a 110 plug and the unit worked, but I didn't let it run. Should I run the extension cord down to an outlet on the pup, and if so, is there normally an outlet on the pup that is for that purpose? Is there a certain size extension cord that should be used?
bloozeharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #2

Seems like a 2008 would have a 30 amp power cord especially if the A/C was installed at the dealer or the factory. Have you looked in all the compartments to make sure it isn't stuff in somewhere? Sorry, not much help.
bradnailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:38 PM   #3

Look in the open area behind your power center. You should see a 30Amp electrical outlet. That outlet should have a cord plugged into it that runs to an access hole going outside. If the outlet is there and no cord, you can get a new 30Amp cord and replace it, or just plug in your extension cord to that outlet and run it outside. The other option is to just plug the A/C unit into a 30Amp outlet at the campground. You will need an adapter for this option.
Jarhead71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:50 AM   #4

Our flagstaff has the heavy black cord for the shore power, and a white cord with yellow plugs in that same compartment that you connect to the roof before raising to power the AC unit. (2012 208 MAC)
SchafferFamily is offline   Reply With Quote