Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-07-2014, 12:55 PM   #1

Add on Wardrobe/Cabinets

Hi, we bought a 2010 Flagstaff 425D. Our unit did not come with the overhead hanging cabinet or the hanging wardrobe and I was considerinr purchasing them. Does anybody have any experience with them? Are they useful? Worth the money?

Thanks so much!
Terra
TerraDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 12:16 AM   #2

My HW277 was delivered with the hanging wardrobe and pantry. We use the pantry every trip but only put up the wardrobe when we are camping for longer than a weekend. We also ordered an extra wardrobe and had the dealer install it (we are two families camping together and the second wardrobe does comes in handy but they are pricey) I like the wardrobes, but as I said they do not get used much. So depending on how you camp, the wardrobes may not be worth the cost. If you only have funds for one, I would opt for the pantry. It is so handy for paper goods, snacks, and bread.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:13 AM   #3

I think they are useful. We were the opposite of gals though. If it was a quick weekend of just Friday and Saturday night, we would just leave the food in the plastic storage bin we used to transport it all in. But would use the wardrobe every time-once we got the door out of the way.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:29 AM   #4

So now a decision to make, they are very helpful but do you need or want both? It seems you have not camped yet?? You may want to camp a few times and see how much shuffling around you have to do during your camping trip and which one you wish you had the most. And that may depend on how many people you have and your particular floor plan and storage requirements. Other forums I have visited also describe modifications for extra storage as well that maybe better cost wise.

BTW welcome to the forum and congratulations on your camper purchase. Many happy campouts with it.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #5

My hw276 will have both the pantry and the wardrobe but I don't take delivery on it for another month. They seem to be a good idea...we'll see.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
stryke-force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #6

Get some of those little felt dots (quarter size) for where your bathroom folds up and touches walls and for your door to not scratch the ceiling. Another tip- Velcro the dinette padding to the wall-was always falling down on us.

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #7

I bought a used 2011 625D that was loaded. It has the. They are very nice. They get used every time we go out. I would highly recommend the.
Jeffk48867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:19 PM   #8

Just bought an HW296 that came with the pantry, but not the wardrobe. Where do you buy them at? Tried looking on the Forest River website, but no luck.
sbodi4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #9

I got mine through my dealer, have not seen them anywhere else. I hung an extra wardrobe in the bathroom as we use it as a closet. Gives us lots of storage for us gals LOL.

Have also seen people use regular closet hanging shelves that you get at walmart or target. Those are usually open so stuff is visible and would have to figure out how to hang them (I think I have have seen them use tension poles with a rod to hang the shelves). Not sure about how much weight this can take. The forest river ones zip closed (like the pantry).
Old 03-20-2014, 10:50 PM   #10

We just got a 2011 Rockwood 2514G, it came with both the hanging wardrobe and pantry. But it did not have the brackets mounted in the ceiling. Any suggestions on what I could use or how I could mount them to the ceiling?
Cootie Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootie Brown View Post
We just got a 2011 Rockwood 2514G, it came with both the hanging wardrobe and pantry. But it did not have the brackets mounted in the ceiling. Any suggestions on what I could use or how I could mount them to the ceiling?
When I bought my camper, the dealer had installed the hardware on the ceiling as part of the dealer prep. They would be metal brackets (loops) on the ceiling, four of them for each hanging unit. The pantry would be over the sink, not sure where they would put the wardrobe in your model. When I had my extra wardrobe ordered, the dealer installed it and it seemed that the hardware came with them. I would check with your dealer.

If the dealer is no help, I am sure you could get similar hardware from lowes or home depot. Not savy enough to tell you how to mount it to be secure enough but small toggle or molly bolts come to mind. Hopefully somebody with more experience will chime in here. Maybe I can get a picture of the hardware this weekend.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraDawn View Post
Hi, we bought a 2010 Flagstaff 425D. Our unit did not come with the overhead hanging cabinet or the hanging wardrobe and I was considerinr purchasing them. Does anybody have any experience with them? Are they useful? Worth the money?

Thanks so much!
Terra
We just bought a new Palomino Traverse Sequoia and it came with them...we are going camping next weekend...if I think about it, I will let you know if we use them or not and how useful they are... I can see the one over the sink being very useful for having a place to put our toothbrushes and bathroom sink type of things (I call them ditty bags) and then maybe some kitchen pots and pans...
maccve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:32 PM   #13

Using the hanging pantry and wardrobe

We went camping this weekend and used our hanging pantry and wardrobe...I am sure we will use them even more as we go camping more, but they did come in kind of handy...

We kept our Electric griddle up and out of the way in the pantry and I also kept my bathroom bag in it...

We used the hanging wardrobe to house our dirty clothes...

Both came in pretty handy!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	48840   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo2.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	48841  
maccve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:18 AM   #14

Where do I purchase the hanging pantry from?
loobdyloo5 is offline   Reply With Quote