Old 07-19-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
I believe you are misunderstanding what I am suggesting.

Most vehicles have transmission coolers. They are designed to do an adequate job in day-to-day driving.

The same is true for power steering fluid coolers.

Many times, the coolers are just some steel tubing that runs somewhere near the front of the vehicle in the air flow. In the case of trans coolers, it can be a tube that runs through the coolant in the lower radiator tank.

So yes, vehicles have coolers, installed standard.

However, the stock coolers are inadequate when you begin to use the vehicle to tow something. That's when ADDITIONAL cooling becomes necessary.

The heavier you tow, the more serious you should be about adding aftermarket cooling.

Are you saying that "additional" or "heavy duty" coolers are standard, or just "coolers" are standard?

Yes all have standard tranny and power steering coolers. And yes they are not enough for towing. We are on the same page with that.

All I was saying was that the first version of the Kia Sedona's came with heavy duty coolers for the power steering and tranny.

Whew! let's move on...

grumpyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:38 PM   #12
I used a 2002 Explorer V6 to tow my pup. It did a good job. But I was getting high in mileage so I traded it.

cstover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:46 PM   #13
Mod free 5er
Just get a 5er and use this, built in swivel hitch. The the wt police will leave you alone. AND, those pesky thieves and bears won't be a problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M38ArmoredCarHAUGH2.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	16789  

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote