Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2015, 11:19 PM   #1

Air conditioner HW 277

Used our ac for the first time last weekend and noticed after about a half hour quite a bit of water running off the side of bed slide out. We were at the coast and thought it was condensation but not sure. Anyone know if this is normal or do I have a problem?
marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 05:13 AM   #2

Very normal. It is the condensation from the ac. I wanted to direct that stream off the tenting as I was always having to dry the tent once we got home. So I got a lenght of a plastic trim piece and attached it to the roof edge. It works pretty good. Others use a pool noodle cut in half lengthwise and placed under the roof edge. That never worked well for me. Here is a pic of the edge with the trim attached. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1441966212027.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	88352
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 07:43 AM   #3

Smile

Thank you GOE. I like your solution.
marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 01:53 PM   #4

Galsofescape I can't tell what you did for the run off? I was thinking use J channel from house siding. Just thinking how to mount it. The pool noodle might work but thinking a HW might be hard to install it and the noodles soak up water so it would only work for some time maybe not the whole weekend.
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:04 PM   #5

Hi kinma, It is that small strip just under the lip of the roof. It is a piece of plastic trim in the shape of a j. I attached it to the inside of the roof edge and has a small gap between the trim and the roof. It acts like a gutter. It blends in real well don't it.[emoji4]
The condensate now runs along the channel and drains off the side of the camper.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:05 PM   #6

Oh and at the moment, grizzly glue is holding it in place.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:54 PM   #7

Oh ok. That's what I was thinking just wasn't sure how to attach it. The DW would kill me attaching a trim to our new pup. Maybe I'll use velcro on the inside of the roof. That will be my next mod. Ty
Old 09-12-2015, 06:35 AM   #8

Yeah, totally get that kinma as I used Velcro at first to make sure it would work before I tried a more permanent way of attaching it. Velcro works, but holds the trim piece further under the roof edge. The Velcro got soaking wet and when the tent end is deployed, it pushes upward on the trim piece.
Old 09-15-2015, 10:52 PM   #9

Looking to replicate this modification. Anyone have a idea/part list that I can use for my HW277?

Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor, by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world.
- Raymond Chandler
TexasRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:29 AM   #10

I think this is it but I'm not sure. I'm assuming it was placed under the roof and has the ability to be screwed in from underneath.

http://www.rvstoredirect.com/standar...er-p-4320.html

Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself mean, who is neither tarnished nor afraid. He must be a complete man and a common man and yet an unusual man. He must be, to use a rather weathered phrase, a man of honor, by instinct, by inevitability, without thought of it, and certainly without saying it. He must be the best man in his world and a good enough man for any world.
- Raymond Chandler
Old 09-16-2015, 01:35 AM   #11

That won't work. All that will do is drain it down the side and not extend the flow out past the canvas.😡

- Raymond Chandler
Old 09-16-2015, 08:51 AM   #12

What I got was a piece of plastic trim from an RV repair shop. It was something he had laying around. It is shaped like a j channel trim piece. I will have to measure to see the size when I get home tonight. It does drip onto the back corner of the camper (box) but the bed tenting stay dry. It takes a quick wipe with a rag to dry when taking down. I see lowes has some j channel trim of different sizes that may work as well. I attached with grizzly glue for now.
Old 11-14-2015, 12:47 PM   #13

I saw the same problem over the summer. Anyone take a look under the A/C cover to see how the condenser water is expelled from the unit?

I was hoping that there is a little metal or plastic tube draining the water out onto to the roof, in which case I would just get a length of tubing and just route it over the side of the roof.

Greg
Tree Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #14

Tree Rat I was thinking the same thing. Just haven't looked yet.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:25 PM   #15

I'm going to pull the cover and take a look tomorrow and see.

Will advise.

Greg
Tree Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:42 PM   #16

Pics plz. My pup is a hw276 but I would think it's probably the same

Tags
air conditioner