Old 09-16-2015, 08:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHanke View Post
Check your 12V fuses in the main panel. One could be blown or the connection might be corroded.
Fuses are good. I am not getting any voltage on the hot end of that fuse.
That is why I suspecting it to be the panel itself.

gpwooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHanke View Post
Sorry, GFI's are normally only on lines with outlets....not lights. However, it is always possible that someone might have added some "home touches".
Correct - and those outlets are working just fine. Heck, even the floor lights are working just fine ... but not the ceiling ones. I really think it's the circuit within the panel that has gone bad. I am not feeling upto the task of changing that panel - but then again, I then have to be willing to let it sit for weeks on-end at the service shop too and have them possibly put in the same low-quality panel too.

Old 09-16-2015, 10:51 PM   #13

Roof lighting

I am not familiar with the layout of your unit, but with my Flagstaff 228d I had that same issue. On mine the inverter and all major plumbing is located under the galley and in my case, my shore line got hung up on some wires and as a result I pulled the wire pigtail connector for my roof lighting off separating the wire....be sure the investigate the small stuff first.
Old 09-18-2015, 08:12 AM   #14

I had a similar issue and it turned out to be a bad crimp connection behind a ceiling light. The wiring is looped from light to light on the circuit so if any connection is bad it can cause problems down the line. Pull the light fixtures down and look at the connections on the wiring. You may find that one is loose and black from arcing.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpwooden View Post
Correct - and those outlets are working just fine. Heck, even the floor lights are working just fine ... but not the ceiling ones. I really think it's the circuit within the panel that has gone bad. I am not feeling upto the task of changing that panel - but then again, I then have to be willing to let it sit for weeks on-end at the service shop too and have them possibly put in the same low-quality panel too.
Since everything is working except the ceiling lights, the problem is most likely to be in the kill switch or associated wiring. The switch is a contact that opens the ceiling light circuit when the ceiling is lowered. It's usually near the outer edge of some fixed cabinetry so that the roof lowering will open the contact. On my 2000 Coleman Westlake, it was at the back of the galley behind the swing-down portion.

Fred W
Old 09-22-2015, 07:52 PM   #16

I thought I remembered a "kill switch" at the drivers front corner on the roof on my HW277. It's been a bit- and DW says I am losing my mind. Maybe someone can check theirs?

Just glad to get away
HONDAMAN174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 07:17 PM   #17

You are correct hondaman, there is a kill switch on the driver side front corner of the roof of our hw277.
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:23 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GalsofEscape View Post
You are correct hondaman, there is a kill switch on the driver side front corner of the roof of our hw277.
Ah - I didn't think I had an "override" switch as it has a separate master switch to control all the lighting right there at the entrance.

I am not familiar with the 277s - are they pretty much just like the 296s, just a difference size?

We have another trip coming up so I would like to get this solved before heading back out again. I will see if I can get sometime tomorrow and check out the driver side front corner area.

Thanks everyone for their input!

Old 09-26-2015, 08:44 PM   #19

The 277 is a 14 foot box single axle with the slide out kitchen. It also has the master switch right inside the door way as you mentioned. The dealer never mentioned the roof switch, I just happened to find it one day when I was looking over the roof and supports.

Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
light