Old 08-16-2015, 10:54 PM   #1

Any opinions on installing and using the screen room?

We received an uninstalled screen room with our 206LTD. Is it worth putting up for the extra space? It doesn't seem hard to install. Anyone done this yet? Recommendations?

Thanks,

Michael

Old 08-17-2015, 10:06 AM   #2

We met some campers this past weekend with an enclosed room on their FR Wolfpup TT w/10' awning. They really liked it and we thought it was quite nice. Sorry, didn't get any pictures but did come away with new friends and a wine buzz

Old 08-17-2015, 02:45 PM   #3

Cool Dry run of the screen room on my 206LTD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane1550 View Post
We met some campers this past weekend with an enclosed room on their FR Wolfpup TT w/10' awning. They really liked it and we thought it was quite nice. Sorry, didn't get any pictures but did come away with new friends and a wine buzz
Thanks! I did a dry run of the screen room today and it took about 1/2 hour to set up the first time. I feel I can install it (the turn buttons) myself. Things I learned.

1) The screen room may be useful if we had extra guests who wanted a 'tent' to sleep in. I'm thinking grandkids on this one.
2) Zip on the screen room to the awning with the trailer roof down and use the lift to raise it with the roof. Once the roof is at full height, extend the poles, attach it to the trailer and tie down the room.
3) When breaking camp, unattach it from the trailer and put the poles up before lowering the roof. Lower the roof and then unzip the room.
Because of the time involved, I will be hesitant to use the room, especially for short stays.

Michael
Old 08-17-2015, 03:19 PM   #4

It is a great option. We had the "Add a room" on our Starcraft pup which gave us a dry, bug free room to watch tv or just chat while kids were sleeping. I agree, the aggravation of setup is too much for a weekend or long weekend. Plus that bag to carry it took up a lot of cargo space. Does yours have the canvas sides or just screens?
Old 08-17-2015, 03:33 PM   #5

Flaps and screens. Great counterbalance for 'tongue heavy'

Quote:
Originally Posted by deartruc View Post
It is a great option. We had the "Add a room" on our Starcraft pup which gave us a dry, bug free room to watch tv or just chat while kids were sleeping. I agree, the aggravation of setup is too much for a weekend or long weekend. Plus that bag to carry it took up a lot of cargo space. Does yours have the canvas sides or just screens?
Thanks for the info. It has canvas sides with roll-up flaps to expose the screens. In our case, I have loaded the bag on a homemade shelf at the outside rear of the trailer and the tent counterbalances my tongue weight nicely! Because we were tongue heavy and have no other gear to load at the rear of the trailer we may carry this even when we are not planning on using it.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:58 PM   #6

2010 Rockwood HW296 question?

I just purchased this camper on Thursday, I'm camping in Maine.
My wife and Dog were on the back bed and went to get up, and left back bed pole fell off the back on to the ground.

Upon putting the bed pole back on I noticed the plywood raises up off the pole.
only the 1st quarter of plywood touches pole, the rest doesn't. The pole pulls right out of the slot it sits in.
Any suggestion's on what do.
Anybody else have a 2010 HW296 have this issue?

Tags
roo