Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2014, 06:53 AM   #1

any pop-up toy haulers out there?

Going to pick up a new Flagstaff pop-up toy hauler this week ( I hope ) anybody have one? Good /bad luck with them? Thanks
caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:24 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by caver View Post
Going to pick up a new Flagstaff pop-up toy hauler this week ( I hope ) anybody have one? Good /bad luck with them? Thanks
I have a BH (Bike Hauler) but never use it for a bike, just for battery/fuel tank storage and sometimes other items.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:12 PM   #3

I had the Flagstaff pop up toy hauler without the slideout just after I retired. I carried a Polaris quad on the deck along with plenty of other gear. I liked it allright but my new bride wanted a few more creature comforts. I still wish I had this as a backup rig for those way back outa the way places I like to visit. It made a perfect hunting shack for me.
Blackrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by caver View Post

Caver- this is my second summer with my BR28TSC- two place atv rack on the front. Absolutely love it. Pulls fantastic. Definitely need equalizer hitch and brakes with it tho.
sratliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 10:09 PM   #5

We also had a 08' BR28TCS FOR 3 yrs. it served its purpose well......we just outgrew it and wanted something with less setup and tear down. Hence, our new 15' XLR 27HFS. I do recommend getting a WDH and having a brake controller as well. We used to haul 4 dirt bikes on ours. Really liked the extra height travel and beefy tires for the off the beaten path places we could go. Have fun and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask, I got to know ours very well.
Kilday4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:03 AM   #6

Question Brand new,

Hey all, new to this forum, was wondering do you have to wet down the seams and let them dry on a new unit to make it waterproof? I have read that it must be done.
caver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #7

Yes it is recommended that you do that. It allows the thread in the seams to swell and fill the void left from the needle holes.
Pay special attention to the procedure for closing up too. It is very easy to snag the canvas material on the slide out dinette when pushing the bunk ends in if you don't pull the material out to make a pocket. Dinette goes in first then bunk ends. Just a heads up so you don't learn the hard way!
Kilday4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:06 AM   #8

Our first camper/TH was a Fleetwood Scorpion with A/C on top. It served us well and towed like a dream. I didn't like that I had to unload the "toy" to use it and the "toy" was out in the weather when we travelled. A freak hail storm did it in and we have what we have today.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #9

New Rockwood Toyhauler

Just bought a Rockwood Freedom 232xr yesterday but i have used a starcraft 13rt ALOT. These things are great for people who don't always want to pay to camp on pavement and seek the backcountry dirt roads. My hunting partner and I have taken that Starcraft (His Trailer) everywhere Hunting, Fishing and camping throughout CA, OR, ID and MT and hope to do the same with the new Rockwood. I think you will love it, especially if you enjoy to actually camp vs hanging out at an RV Park. I load my Yamaha Grizzly in the truck and use the front rack for gear storage on long hauls to make set up easier at quicker at overnight stops and I dont have to fire up that noisy engine, bothering others if coming in late. Cant wait to get the Rockwood out next weekend after a few mods that is.......Hope you enjoy that PUP Caver
Caliwaterfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014, 05:39 PM   #10

I made it out 7 times this summer in my Rockwood 232xr. Just love it!
MarkusR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:41 PM   #11

How is your popup/ toy hauler working out for you now that it has been well over a year since your initial post? Recommend it?
ffp322 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
toy hauler