Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2014, 03:36 PM   #1

Anyone know the dimensions of the accessory plugs

in the 2014 2318G??
It's not the common "headphone" looking plug. Maybe they changed when they went to LED lights? I didn't measure it when I had it open and was just wondering if anyone had a part number that would work. I checked with etrailer since they have awesome prices on their bunk light/fan combos but not their suggestion to wire up/install additional adapters to accommodate them. If I was going to do that I'd just put in some standard 12V receptacles instead of some other proprietary nonsense.

Plug looks like this, if no one knows I guess next time it's up I'll take the light that came with it to radio shack and then do some surgery on the etrailer combos.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:34 PM   #2

gruss01, I don't think I can help you, my 2318 is a 2013, and I don't have led lights. From what I can remember from my limited time with my camper lights, my end looks similar to yours, but I doubt that it is the same, and after all the trouble we had closing it up yesterday, I'm probably won't reopen it to see. joe
Old 05-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruss01 View Post
in the 2014 2318G??
It's not the common "headphone" looking plug. Maybe they changed when they went to LED lights? I didn't measure it when I had it open and was just wondering if anyone had a part number that would work. I checked with etrailer since they have awesome prices on their bunk light/fan combos but not their suggestion to wire up/install additional adapters to accommodate them. If I was going to do that I'd just put in some standard 12V receptacles instead of some other proprietary nonsense.

Plug looks like this, if no one knows I guess next time it's up I'll take the light that came with it to radio shack and then do some surgery on the etrailer combos.
Take that plug to Radio Shack, I'm sure you can match it to a very standard 12 VDC charger end or connector. Pin ID varies but very common.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #4

yeah I'm sure I can find the barrel connector that works, I just wondered if someone knew so I don't have to pop it up to see. I might just rig up some 12V plugs on some springy cords...instead of drilling holes and running wires would be nice to just use the supplied jacks for phone chargers and stuff.
Got the garden and other yard stuff to do this weekend so it'll wait...I guess... but I'd rather be playing with the new toy.
Old 05-22-2014, 07:29 AM   #5

plug

Griuss, found the same discrepancy- the combo fan/light unit I bought has a bigger plug that won't fit the overhead light socket. I will go to Radio Shack and see if they have a converter or else wire a small connector or may just use a standard wall plug and run it off the 110 jack?

2004 GMC Sierra 4x4
Ringbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 08:46 AM   #6

So FR/Rockwood decided to change the jacks. I didn't measure but it looks like what is sort of a standard for 12V barrel connectors. Like 5mm/2mm something like that. I have a few gadgets that use them, for me if that's the case and I didn't try it my little portable speaker would plug right in! Be nice to lose the wall wart for that so let me know what you find if you make it there before I do. Ideally they have the adapter pre made, if not and they have the parts I'd break out the soldering iron and make a couple adapters.