Old 03-07-2012, 08:56 PM   #1

Are You Happy With Your Flagstaff 425D or 625D ?

Hi Everyone,

This Aussie would love some feedback from owners of these Flagstaff models as we are hoping to purchase one that is made for the Australian market. These size pop ups ( campertrailers here ) are extremely popular here, however their build quality leaves a lot to be desired and they do not have showers / toilets.

As there isn`t a lot of owners on here is that because larger campers are more popular over there or is there problems with these ones ?
I also tried to find used ones for sale there, on a couple sites but they are few and far between. Hopefully this means people love them and hang onto them.

We would appreciate anything you have to say be it good , bad or ugly as the only other owner I`ve had contact with is on my campertrailer forum and has a smaller model that he is very pleased with.

Thanks, Robyn.

Old 03-08-2012, 10:07 AM   #2
Flagstaff 625D Popup

I have a 625D and I love it.

The ONLY things I don't like are:

Cannot get to anything when it is down. The slide comes in and blocks off access to frig, cabinets etc. And the front bed must be pulled out before the slide can be put back in, so you can't just pull the slide out and back in either.

No greywater tank. And worse, two greywater outlets at opposite corners.

No freezer in the fridge. Not even a small one.

Other than these items, I love the trailer. It tows easy and is easy to put up and down (it does take some time though). Lots of room inside. Six people on a rainy day isn't a big deal for the 625D.

If you have any specific questions please ask. I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Bean

Old 03-08-2012, 07:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bean
I have a 625D and I love it.

The ONLY things I don't like are:

Cannot get to anything when it is down. The slide comes in and blocks off access to frig, cabinets etc. And the front bed must be pulled out before the slide can be put back in, so you can't just pull the slide out and back in either.

No greywater tank. And worse, two greywater outlets at opposite corners.

No freezer in the fridge. Not even a small one.

Other than these items, I love the trailer. It tows easy and is easy to put up and down (it does take some time though). Lots of room inside. Six people on a rainy day isn't a big deal for the 625D.

If you have any specific questions please ask. I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Bean
We have 625D also and we love it. It is a love - hate relationship with the slide out I like the room when opened up hate the lack of space when closed up..but it is the nicest popup we have had.

Very satisfied with it.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #4

Flagstaff fiver.. so far so good.
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #5

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the replies. We`ve never had to access our soft floor camper in the two and a half years we`ve had it, while on the road even though it`s accessible by lifting the top or opening the tailgate which has the kitchen attached.
I agree the fridge is small but we already have a 31 litre waeco in the Patrol and intend getting a 40 litre to use as a freezer. As we do a lot of free bush camping and in National Parks which do not have powered sites we`ll be getting solar panels on the roof. Most campers here rely on solar in preference to staying in caravan parks. We like getting away from it all.!!
As there are only two of us the amount of room looks great. At the moment we are leaning towards the 425D as it has more kitchen space,we like the kitchen slide out and we can utilise the outdoor shower with our shower tent and also have the porta potti in it.

To create more storage space we thought about removing the 2nd mattress, making a surround around the bed base to mattress height, put in dividers with ply panels on top. Don`t know if this would work.

Any thoughts??
Cheers, Robyn.
Aussie Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Rob,
I would look at both "in the flesh" before you decide.

The 625D toliet is what sold us on it. It isn't a little port-a-pottie type deal. It has it's own water supply, electric water pump to flush (just push a button), and a tank to hold the black water that can be removed (from the outside) and dumped. Ever knock over a port-a-pottie in the camper...Not a pretty sight or smell.

Not trying to talk you out of the 425D, but I think you might like the 625D more if you see it in person.

Good luck, and I'm sure you'll be happy either way.

Bean
Old 03-12-2012, 08:10 AM   #7

Thanks Bean,

We have actually seen them both and initially we liked the 625D best but have since decided we like the amount of kitchen space in the 425D and with the two slide outs there is a bit more room inside. Frank gets a bit claustrophobic, so he prefers this one.

We don`t mind having the porta potti in the shower tent, it`s common practice here when we are bush camping and as there is an outside shower we`ll use it. Other times we`ll use the campground facilities.

Thanks for your input,
Cheers, Robyn.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rob View Post
Thanks Bean,

We have actually seen them both and initially we liked the 625D best but have since decided we like the amount of kitchen space in the 425D and with the two slide outs there is a bit more room inside. Frank gets a bit claustrophobic, so he prefers this one.

We don`t mind having the porta potti in the shower tent, it`s common practice here when we are bush camping and as there is an outside shower we`ll use it. Other times we`ll use the campground facilities.

Thanks for your input,
Cheers, Robyn.
The choice that makes you happy is always the best choice. Enjoy the 425D it is a very nice floor plan.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #9

As we hope to be on the road for about two years we thought it would be handy to have the extra storage space.

Do you use your inside shower? Frank thinks he would end up with water all over the place, another reason we chose the 425D.

Wish we could order it but have to tie up a few loose ends first.

Robyn.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #10
Flagstaff 625D Popup

Robyn,

We have not used the shower in ours, but it's nice to know that it is there if we needed it.

I have not seen a 425D in person, but it does look like it has more interior room.

I hope you enjoy it. Keep us in the loop on how it works out.

Bean