Old 09-25-2015, 02:04 PM   #11
7 Year Class A RV'er

I'll third the 12 mph mentioned by others. Also the never leave it out when you're away. My old RV had the manual kind that was a real pain to put up and take down and I did fudge those rules sometime. Of course, I also had the anti-flap clamps on it and a tie down system, so that would have helped. Had a friend on our church camp out at Fort Wilderness who left his out overnight and depended on the auto release feature to tip it for the rain. He woke up at 3:00 AM to the sound of the entire thing collapsing and pulling a large portion of the TT side with it. Not good. Ours was out but tipped and we didn't have an issue.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:09 PM   #12

Well, I'm here now. And there's no way the awning is going up. Heck, I'm a bit worried that the whole pup will blow over on its side. I'm watching the roof sway to and fro.
Been steady 20-25mph since we got here at 2pm. And expecting 35mph winds tomorrow. We are rocking and rolling. And I'm having flashbacks to my Navy days in the North Atlantic. Feel like I need to "secure for sea"..... And worried that I'll start screaming "General Quarters" at oh-dark-thirty.

'07 Chevy Silverado
'07 Chevy Tahoe
'11 HW27sc
jw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 11:10 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw34 View Post
Well, I'm here now. And there's no way the awning is going up. Heck, I'm a bit worried that the whole pup will blow over on its side. I'm watching the roof sway to and fro.
Been steady 20-25mph since we got here at 2pm. And expecting 35mph winds tomorrow. We are rocking and rolling. And I'm having flashbacks to my Navy days in the North Atlantic. Feel like I need to "secure for sea"..... And worried that I'll start screaming "General Quarters" at oh-dark-thirty.
You need a couple of "The Claw" hold down gizmos. And some strong cables.
Old 09-26-2015, 03:32 AM   #14

Quote:
Haze grey and underway Shipmate.....now turn to and get hot.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Jw, drive around the CG and find a big old MH to use as a wind block, then change spaces. I guess your awning concerns are over....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning