Old 06-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #1

BAL Leveler for 15" tires?

Anybody using a BAL Leveler on 15" tires? This is the size of the tires on my Rockwood HW276. What's your experience with them? I'm asking since the ad says fits most 15" wheels.

Here's the link to the ad:
Amazon.com: BAL R.V. Products Group 28050 Light Trailer Tire Leveler: Automotive

Old 06-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #2

Save your money and use a couple of wood blocks.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfl View Post
Save your money and use a couple of wood blocks.
I saw those on a website, they look like a lot of work for nothing that can't be handled in simple terms.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #4

We have a HW276 and bought one (paid wholesale) and think it's worth every penny. It makes our trailer solid, there's no rocking or movement of any kind.
We're very happy with it!
Old 06-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx5chris View Post
We have a HW276 and bought one (paid wholesale) and think it's worth every penny. It makes our trailer solid, there's no rocking or movement of any kind.
We're very happy with it!
Do you have 15" tires? If you're not sure, just look at the tires and you'll see something like this usually in big letters: P206/65R15. The number after the "R" is the number I'm interested in.

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #6

Thank you to all for your replies!

Found an answer to my question on another post. Here's a copy of post for reference:
BAL Leveler with 15" tires.

AZ Baja:
I have read rave reviews about the BAL leveler, and I know that it is supposed to work with "most" 15" tires. I have a Jayco Baja with 235/75R 15 tires. Can anyone tell me if the BAL will work with this set up?

Thanks.
ghacker:
Wish I could give you the definitive answer, but I can't. What I can tell you is that several members that found the BAL didn't work with their 15" tires were able to increase the space between the legs slightly with a jack so it fit. You could also park on a board so that the tire is raised enough that the BAL will fit.

More than 1 way to skin a cat-or fit a BAL. ;-)
ngatel:
I have ST225/75R15 tires. The BAL works with them, sorta of. On hard level ground I have to kick the BAL with my foot. On soft ground, no go. So we just roll the low side tire on a single Lynx block and the BAL is very easy to use.

AZ Baja:
Thanks for the replies guys. I have been using the Lynx system. I had read that you could spread the legs of the BAL out with a jack to make them fit, but wasn't sure that would keep it structurally sound. I might give it a shot.
johngifford:
I agree with NGATEL, on a solid surface, it's not too bad, but in dirt or worse, grass, it is pretty rough getting it to fit. In dirt, I have dug a small trench on either side of the tire for the BAL to slide into, but it sounds like backing onto a block is probably a better idea. That would lift the tire up high enough to slide the BAL in...
Old 06-06-2011, 02:49 PM   #7

I have the Flagstaff version of this trailer HW27KS with 15 inch tires and it works great with my BAL leveler. This is my 3rd popup and the BAL has been the best thing I every bought for my pop ups.

If the ground is very soft, it may be harder to slide it it, so as said before, roll the wheel up on a single lynx level block, that will get it high enough for the leveler to slide right in.
Old 06-06-2011, 03:14 PM   #8

On my old pop-up I had a BAL Leveler and I think it was 15" tires. It was great.

It was a tight fit... So much so I had to stand on one side of the BAL leveler while lifting up on the other end to expand it a bit. After that it was fine. If I was on grass I'd have to park the tire on a piece of wood to get the BAL under otherwise it just slides right on. Made leveling a breeze and the camper rock solid. Miss not having that as an option on my TT now...