Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #1

Bathroom walls are gone!

After a thorough review by both the procurement committee and the appropriations committee, the engineering committee has decided that the solid bathroom wall enclosure installed on the HW296 unit needs to go. The ergonomics committee has reported back that the unit conveys a slight claustrophobic sensation that is less than pleasing to guests. To rectify this inherent problem, it was decided after much deliberation that the walls are to be uninstalled and stored until a later time when the liquidation committee takes control of the unit.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:42 PM   #2

Oh see that's one of the things we liked about the HW296, the solid walls makes it feel more private. But everyone is different. Post pics if you get a chance!
wstensgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 09:46 PM   #3

Oooooookkkkkay...pict or it didn't happen
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 07:48 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstensgaard View Post
Oh see that's one of the things we liked about the HW296, the solid walls makes it feel more private. But everyone is different. Post pics if you get a chance!
Exactly. For us it just seems to be not that much of a privacy improvement. The solid walls for not reach the side walls. There is a good 3" gap that one can see in. We felt this made it less private. The answer of course if that you can have the shower curtain installed and this will block the line of sight through the gap. But if I need a curtain for all the gaps then why not just use a curtain?

Another concern is that we always keep the bedding on the folded down dinette. That is where we put three comforters, four rolled up sleeping bags, and four pillows. The storage of the bathroom door would have posed a problem. It just seemed like more of a hassle than anything.

I can also shave off a bit of weight by uninstalling the walls. It will essentially be turned into a cassette toilet which we were all comfortable with before.

I definitely hear you on the privacy thing. We have some friends who would never be able to use a toilet behind just a simple white curtain. We lock the camper up when the DW needs to shower. Kids can find something to do for 30mins to give her privacy.

I did like the mirror on the wall. That was a great idea. And the solid wall opens up the mind to lots of mods for extra storage.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2014, 01:21 AM   #5

Yes, I hang an over the door shoe storage where we squirrel away a ton of stuff on the wall facing the dinette. Great thing is we all mod these things up to suit our needs. Looking forward to seeing what great stuff everybody comes up with and sharing what we have as well.
wstensgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 12:03 AM   #6

Been thinking of doing the same thing but for a different reason, I think it will open the space of the trailer.
whatachump is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roo