Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2016, 01:31 AM   #1

Bed rail supports

The bed rails that support the 2 beds that slide out aren't very stable. They fell off twice tonight will setting up camper. Any advice
Jdog2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:28 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog2481 View Post
The bed rails that support the 2 beds that slide out aren't very stable. They fell off twice tonight will setting up camper. Any advice
Are you talking about the support poles?........one set has a white tip and the other set is black tip? They can swing side to side until the slide out puts some weight on them but I have never experienced them falling out.
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 07:53 AM   #3

Also make sure you place both bottom ends in the same slot. don't put one in the bottom slot and the other one in one slot up.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor43 View Post
Are you talking about the support poles?........one set has a white tip and the other set is black tip? They can swing side to side until the slide out puts some weight on them but I have never experienced them falling out.
Yeah my wife was trying to put sheets on the mattress and they fell off. They were both in the same slots.
Jdog2481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdog2481 View Post
Yeah my wife was trying to put sheets on the mattress and they fell off. They were both in the same slots.
I'm not sure what kind you have but on mine, once you put the top in (the top has a 90 degree bend in it to hook into the slot on top and the bottom part just goes into the slots on the bumper part. It's hard to imagine they could pop out) Can you take a pic of your setup by chance? If they came out.........I'm surprised the slide rails did not bend.
Trevor43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:33 AM   #6

I agree with Trevor. Once the ends are pulled out, it almost seems to keep the poles from being able to pop out. I am wondering if you just did not seat them right by accident.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed