Old 09-01-2014, 05:28 PM   #1

Black tank

I was at a state park this past weekend so I could only dump at a dump station n was able to open the pup to was a wand. I got home opened the pup and added 3 gal of water and a chem pack in my tank. Dyring putting the water in oi was looking down inside the tank. I noticed that I am starting to get build up of solid waste. Ive read about the geo method and am wondering if I sgould do this minus bleach. I mainly stay at none hook up site so im not able to use a wand much. Should I do the geo mothod and let it sit till I go for my next camping trip (about 2weeks) then using the toilet as I normally would then dump? Wondering if that would work if I cant dump it after i add the softener for 2 weeks?

Old 09-01-2014, 05:30 PM   #2

Had a hydroflush but notice that it didnt do anything because my hw276 has a 90 degree elbow into the tank

Old 09-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #3

I am gonna be using the "drive home with a bag of ice cubes dumped in the toilet" method.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:13 PM   #4

You are about to be in trouble or actually you are in trouble. First get a device called a Flush King or equivalent. This device will let you back-fill your tank from the outside. I would use a double dose of ingredients for the GEO method and fill up the tank to 3/4, and do this now or at least before your next camping trip. When you get there head straight for the dump and dump. Then use the Flush King many times until you see clear water coming out of your tank. You might have to pop up the camper to get in to see the black tank level indicator. Don't know your specifics. Then use the GEO method while camping.

I have seen videos testing the ice method and for the most part it doesn't do much. Now my opinion of the ice method is, it could work if you added a very heavy dose of the GEO method ingredients (soap, water softener) to help break down the 'greasy' components.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:27 PM   #5
Plain Old Member

Geo works for us too. Another option, in your case, is check out the Unique RV Digest It stuff. We've found it reasonably cheap at some RV dealers. You can do the 48 hour treatment with the stuff and it does in fact eat most everything.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:36 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohnD View Post
Geo works for us too. Another option, in your case, is check out the Unique RV Digest It stuff. We've found it reasonably cheap at some RV dealers. You can do the 48 hour treatment with the stuff and it does in fact eat most everything.
x2
Old 09-01-2014, 11:38 PM   #7
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I have, whenever in question of my black tanks, pay the price of a full hookup RV site and flush each tank for 30min to 1hour. Then start over using the Geo method for the black water tanks. I do use the Geo method when storing the RV for short periods. And "Oh by the way" their are several cleaners that do not contain bleach.
donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 07:35 AM   #8

It is always good to end the season at a full hook up site as well so you can spend lots of time cleaning out your tanks.

2015 HW296
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#
Old 09-02-2014, 08:04 AM   #9

We planned on using full hook sites but so far ever CG we have been to dont have them but we did already reserve a full hook site for our last trip just so we can clean everything. I add 2 gal n a chem pack as soon as I get home after every trip or dump. I look down the pipe as I put it all down and have NEVER noticed anything till this last trip. Dont know if its just a shallow tank n all just didnt come out or if its been adding everytime. Im doing a geo method today but im thinking the digest it thing on my next trip. That would be good because I could add it at home then it will have a 4hr drive and a weekend to work. Thank you everyone.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #10

I too am gonna mix up a batch of the geo method.

2 cups water softener, 1 cup laundry detergent, and 1 cup bleach right?

Do people use automatic dishwater soap also? Thought that had some good grease cutting stuff in it.

Vin.

2015 HW296
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 1000#

Tags
black, black tank, tank