Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #1

Broken left rear brake/turn signal lens

My gate blew open in a storm and just caught and broke a chunk out of the red lens. This is on about a 10 year old Rockwood Freedom 1620 pup. Any ideas where I can a replacement lens?

Thanks.

Gary
kuhnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:07 PM   #2
Mostly Harmless

Have you looked at either an auto parts store or a store that sells replacement parts for trailers (here in the Midwest, Northern Tools and Electric is such a place. Maybe you have something like it in Oregon)? A farm supply store might have something too, assuming your taillight lenses are standard parts. I don't know your unit so I don't know what the lenses would be like. Is there a Rockwood dealer nearby? Maybe they could get replacements. And there's always RV supply houses on the web to check. Failing that, a good glue....?

Later: etrailer.com might have something like it, though you might have to phone them (800-298-8924) rather than search their site. They might not carry your lens but may know of a supplier.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:05 PM   #3

You might try Any RV Parts - RV Appliance Parts, Accessories. Good luck in your search.

2014 Silverado Double Cab 1500 5.3L V8 w/3.42 Axle Ratio Tow Vehicle

Sold: 2012 Rockwood A122 Hardside Popup
daveinpickerington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #4

Back in 2009 I lost a tail light lens while on vacation from an older P/U I had at the time. Went to the dealer where I bought it and they had several hanging on the wall in their parts deparment. If a dealer is close by you they may have one or know where you can get one. I'd try there first if you already haven't.
Good Luck
Old 02-26-2012, 02:49 PM   #5

Thanks for your suggestions!

I love this forum 8>).

I've been laying low the last few days because of a nasty bug that's been going around this area lately. I finally got up the gumption to go outside and see what the situation is. The hole that the gate put in the lens isn't fixable because the broken pieces are too small to glue up. However. I found a web site that sells replacement lenses so it appears the one I have is fairly common: RV LIGHTS & LENSES Interior and exterior

My lens is a Peterson #457 and it's about $9.00. Now that I know what I'm looking for I'll check a couple of RV stores nearby and see if they happen to have one. I always like to buy locally if I can.

Gary
kuhnsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Mostly Harmless

Great that you found a replacement, and that you're over the bug too. From the photos it appears that the same taillights are on my 2011 A128 too, so Forest River must be happy with them.
2000 Silverado 1500 pickup
60W solar system
2000W inverter generator
thehamguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #7

in all seriousness .. these lights and lens/boxes are just drilled in to the back end of the trailer through their plastic housings. if all else fails ... find a nice set that you like that fits the footprint ... unscrew ... chuck .. connect...rescrew ... and all is well.

d-mo

Tags
brakes