Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2014, 10:12 AM   #1

Bunk ends have water

Its a on off rainy night and day this weekend. We noticed water on the inside of the bed ends we have used the pup during rain n storms with no leaks. The only difference this time is we have 4 adults and 3 kids and the furnace has been on and off to do to cold outside 50 degree or under a little. Has anyone had this problem or is the bunk ends leaking? I read on hear that it might be condensation I just need to vent the inside?
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #2

Hi Kinma. It is possible you have a condensation issue. When it is cold and rainy out and you have the heat on with lots of people that might have some we clothes on, you will most likely get some condensation. The heat will just increase the humidity in the pop up and it will condense on the cool walls.

The trick is to crack the bunk end flaps a bit if you can. I always leave my screen door cracked at the top a couple inches. This is under the awning and you have no problems with rain coming in.

2015 HW296
2006 HW256 (previous pup)
2013 Chevy Tahoe
Equalizer WDH 10000#
vinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #3

Thanks vin

Thats what im thinking. Didnt put the awning out last night pulled in very late. I cracked the vent fan and turned it on.
kinma13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water