Old 05-29-2016, 06:49 PM   #1
Bunk light/fan combo help

Hello, we are new owners of a 2014 forest river 176LTD. We also purchased 2 bunk light and fan combos that have a 1/4 plug that is supposed to plug into the ceiling lights. The problem is the lights do not accept this type of plug. I unscrewed the lights from the ceiling and they are a SunLink brand LED light. Does anyone know if there is an adapter for these fans/lights? If not, what is this output on this light even for?? Thanks!!

I have just added pics. The first one is the type of jack on my ceiling light. The 2nd is the end that is on the fan/light unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	light1.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	109493   Click image for larger version

Name:	light2.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	109494  

jscott84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #2
Who Dares, Wins
The light needs the plug on it or get a plug from say radio shack and add them. Etrailer sells the lights with the plugs on them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2014 Greywolf 26DBH
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 10:58 PM   #3
SunkLink Bunk Light

We just purchased a Flagstaff HW27KS about 3 months ago and it only comes with 1 bunk light. I've been researching them for the last few weeks, so that we can get a 2nd one. I've noticed that there are two (at least) different types of plugs for bunk lights. It appears as though Forest River uses what I've seen described as a 5mm plug (not a 1/4" plug). It is squared off at the end rather than having a "blunt" pointed end like the 1/4" plugs have.

I've only been able to locate one place on the internet that has them available for purchase ($39.99 + free shipping). The part you are looking for is as follows: LaSalle Bristol Sunlink FANSMD6-008RT Fan/LED Light Combo-Bunk Clip Please call them to verify that is the correct part for your trailer, but I believe strongly that it might be. The others that you purchased won't work--they require a different receptacle based on my research.

Hope that helps.
bikesalot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 08:40 AM   #4
Try Roberts sales in Colorado. They have many forest river parts. I saw both the old and new bunk lights on their site last week.
2016 HW296
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Nights Camped
2015 -- 4

tigger68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #5
Thanks everyone for the info. And "bikesalot1", you were correct on that part. Funny how its so hard to find and my own dealer wasn't even aware of it or carried it. However, I solved the problem in a different way. I purchased 2 new ceiling lights with the older 1/4" port and replaced the factory lights in the camper. We're very happy with them and it saved a lot of money too if we would have had to buy 2 of the new style fans since they are more expensive than the older ones.
jscott84 is offline   Reply With Quote

light, fan, bunk