Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2016, 10:10 PM   #1

Ceiling fan and accessory outlets HW276

I have a new 2016 Rockwood High Wall popup HW276 and question whether my ceiling electrical was wired correctly at the factory. We have taken the camper out once so far. I noticed at night when we were ready for bed that if I turned off the overhead lights via the middle switch built into the cabinets that it killed power to the overhead lights as well as both my ceiling fan and accessory lighting outlets built into the ceiling. This seems really screwy. With this wiring setup I can't use the clip on lights for nighttime reading or keep a nice breeze going through the camper at night after lights out. I am wondering if this is a design flaw or the factory installers accidentally wired all of the ceiling electrical on the same circuit with the switch. Can someone with a similar model please confirm what the overhead switch controls in their camper? I emailed FR service and they said my camper is wired incorrectly. The local FR service shop is saying that it is wired as designed. Thanks in advance for feedback on this topic.
Jondiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 08:03 AM   #2

This is the way all of them are wired. The switch by the door kills power to everything on the roof. If you want to run the fan with the lights off, you will have to turn the lights off individually.
cousin_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:20 AM   #3

Cousin Eddie is correct. I also have a 2016 hw296 and that's how they are all wired. You will learn not to use that switch until you pack up to go home. We just turn single lights on and off. This comes in handy during any night time bathroom runs as well. Just turn light on in the bathroom not all lights. I have puck lights I use as well. I just put them on the counters and walk by turning the ones on that I need.

tigger68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:08 AM   #4

Thanks for the info guys. I have only taken the camper out once and never noticed that there were individual on/off switches for each ceiling light.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #5

After closer examination, I did find the soft rubber on/off switch in the center of each ceiling light. Would have never found them on my own. Slick design. Wish they would have mentioned them in my demo!

Tags
fan, electrical