Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #1

Check out the pictures!

Let's get this thread going!

Here's my contribution...

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...=1100#post1100

Chevy 3/4 Ton Diesel Pickup
Forest River Flagstaff 205

Fantastic Fan, Heated Bed Mattresses, Forced Air Furnace, 3 Way Refrigerator, Awning, Built-in Charger, Lined Privacy Curtains, Roof Valances, Patio Light, 110 Exterior Outlet, Spare Tire, Tire Bracket, Tire Cover, Step, Shower/Cassette Toilet Option Incl Water Filtration System, 6 Gallon Hot Water Heater, Demand Water Pump, Outdoor Shower, RVQue, Kitchen Pantry, Power Lift System.
beewookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:10 PM   #2

Didn't I see these photos somewhere else?? LOL,.......

Nice!
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:25 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milzat
Didn't I see these photos somewhere else?? LOL,.......

Nice!
I think so......
2007 Chevrolet Suburban LTZ 4X4
MRimmer says that I need a Toy Hauler......
Screamin' Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:29 PM   #4

So whats the relationship between the two forums?

Just showing my support for Forest River products!

Fantastic Fan, Heated Bed Mattresses, Forced Air Furnace, 3 Way Refrigerator, Awning, Built-in Charger, Lined Privacy Curtains, Roof Valances, Patio Light, 110 Exterior Outlet, Spare Tire, Tire Bracket, Tire Cover, Step, Shower/Cassette Toilet Option Incl Water Filtration System, 6 Gallon Hot Water Heater, Demand Water Pump, Outdoor Shower, RVQue, Kitchen Pantry, Power Lift System.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:36 PM   #5

Two separate forums but Milzat and myself moderate on both. Feel free to post on both as you wish. No problem doing that at all.

Kim

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by beewookie
So whats the relationship between the two forums?

Just showing my support for Forest River products!
Like Kim said, no problem doing that at all.
I visit about ten forums, RV and Truck related. It's like dancing around the whole dance floor.
My wife said if I join anymore forums, I'll have to quite work just to keep up with the topics. LOL,....
Old 10-29-2006, 10:42 AM   #7

When is a TT in my future?

Mike and Kim:

I see were all in the same age group (+ or - a year or two) - did you have PUPs before TTs?

We did not really consider a TT before buying our first towable camper and were only into our third trip ever in our PUP. What's it like towing a TT compared to a PUP?

I can imagine the advantages of having hard walls over tenting. My concern has always been those massive walls behind my TV.

Bill

Old 10-29-2006, 02:19 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by beewookie
Mike and Kim:

I see were all in the same age group (+ or - a year or two) - did you have PUPs before TTs?

We did not really consider a TT before buying our first towable camper and were only into our third trip ever in our PUP. What's it like towing a TT compared to a PUP?

I can imagine the advantages of having hard walls over tenting. My concern has always been those massive walls behind my TV.

Bill
Hi Bill

I have never camped in a pop up. I got started when I was about 10 yrs old when my parents borrowed a 16' Terry travel trailer that was pretty spartan. The kicker with not ever getting a pop up was on that first trip, which was to Myrtle Beach, a very hard thunderstorm passed through with high winds. After it had passed, no fewer than 6 pups had been flipped over by the winds. Thankfully no one was seriously injured but many were scared to death. At that point, even though I was only 10, there would be no pop up in my future.

I have not found towing the bigger trailers difficult. It takes a little while to get comfortable doing it but once you have driven a few miles with it back there, you get comfortable with it. You have to allow for more stopping room between you and the vehicle in front. You have to learn to use your side mirrors to back up. You have to leave enough clearance when passing another car to be sure the back end of the trailer doesn't clip them or that you move in too soon and scare them. You have to be sure you leave enough room when turning, both left and right so you don't run up on a curb or over something. All this comes with some practice and experience.

Kim

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:19 PM   #9

Bill,
I would have to agree with Kim on his reply.

When Dad bought our Pup-up, I was too young to drive. He sold it before I was fifteen so I didn't get a chance to tow it.
My family owned a farm equipment business for quite some time, so I had my fair share of towing things around. I also drove one of our two Tractor-Trailer rigs as back-up driver and made trips to Moline, IL., Waterloo, Ia, and Albany, Ga. for some time. So when we bought our first TT, a couple years ago, towing was second nature.
Like Kim said, "All this comes with some practice and experience".
Old 10-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #10

Thumbs up A real newbie among pros!

The Seahawks lost again!

Thanks for the insight guys.

I'll just have to try towing my brother-in-law's 25' Salem (Forest River of course ) (if I could ever allow myself to get behind the wheel of a Dodge/Cummins pickup (LOL)

For now, we love the PUP and the experiences.

Bill

Tags
tent camper

« - | Still Camping »