Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2013, 11:18 AM   #1

Clueless on my 2004 Rockwood - HELP!

I just bought an used 2004 Rockwood pop-up tent trailer. The previous owner did not have any owner's manuals.

I backed it into a covered bay and set it up -- It didn't come with a battery, but I plugged it in to an outlet and everything seems to be working fine (including the propane stove) except the propane heater. The fan will run, but no heat will come out. There is a back panel on the side of the trailer that opens and reveals multiple dials and on - off switches. From left to right it has a red button, a dial for off, low, medium and high -- and then two on off switches for what appears to be 110v or 12v and a dial above that with numbers.

Help! What does all of this do? How do I get the heater working? and what is the little "on/off" switch below the dinette seat (above the fuse box) for?
Oregontentfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
Carknocker Family

Not sure about yours but my Coleman Popup the dials you were describing were for the Fridge. Mine would run on ac/dc/propane. The heater on ours was strictly electric. Is it on the roof? Switch near dinette was when we folded our sink and stove up, it landed on switch and turn the electric on. Was so that if you forgot to turn a light off, it wasnt on when you had your camper folded up.
Hope that it helps
Ida Ratherbe Camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #3

I think you are right -- the fridge is 3-way -- and that these controls are probably for that -- but I can't figure out if they also have something to do with the propane heater.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #4
Carknocker Family

Have you tried to depress the mystery switch and then see if the heater would work? Maybe some kind of safety deal. Pic of Heater? Also, some other thoughts, does heater have electronic ignition or pilot light? Do you think that all air is purged from the lp bottle to heater?
Old 05-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #5

Thanks to all for your help - because of all you my mysteries are solved! The mystery switch is the pump to the water tank. I got my propane heater working after following the "bleeding" instructions on this thread - and the fridge is working great on all three power supplies. This forum has been great. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
Carknocker Family

Glad you got it going.

2017 Ram 2500
2014 Salem 32BHDS