Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2016, 02:55 PM   #1

CO2 alarm

Why does my CO2 alarm go off when I get home and there is no electric hookup. It will beep until battery dies. Any advice
BLB39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 02:56 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLB39 View Post
Why does my CO2 alarm go off when I get home and there is no electric hookup. It will beep until battery dies. Any advice

I have a 296HW
BLB39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #3
Site Team

I am assuming you are referring to the CO/Propane alarm. The detector will alarm if the battery voltage drops below the voltage required to operate properly. There is a significant parasitic current draw when parked without the battery being disconnected or the converter plugged in. You can not go a week without one of the two. You can add a battery tender if you have 110V available or plug the converter in or if not disconnect the negative battery terminal ( or add a battery disconnect switch).

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 05:28 PM   #4

How old is the battery? How old is the propane/CO monitor? They do have a date stamped on the back of the unit. Sounds like your battery cannot hold a charge since they start squawking at around 11 volts.

As for how long, it all depends on the battery or batteries. Being a popup, that is about the only drain on the battery when parked and closed up. I can easily go a month without plugging in, I have done it a few times and still have over 60% left in the batteries (per Trimetric meter). I do have two 27 DC batteries. So yes, some of us little popups do have some decent battery capacity.

As for the OP, who knows? NO info given on trailer, battery, etc.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote