Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #1

Couple of questions on our 2280bh tent trailer

Hello All,

We recently purchased a used 2011 2280bh from a private sale and we have a couple of questions as we are new to the tent trailer world. I have visited the Forest River website, downloaded and read the manual, watched all of the videos, and watched a select few videos on youtube to try to educate myself on our trailer. The questions I still have after reading and or watching all of this information are:

1. are we able to add air conditioning to our tent trailer, if so, how much would this roughly cost
2. is it necessary for me to do any maintenance on the cable that lifts and lowers the roof ... if so ... can some inform me of how to do it

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance you can provide me. It is greatly appreciated.

Kevin
scharfschutze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 02:57 PM   #2

Hey Kevin. I just purchased a 2013 rockwood freedom 2280 BH. I have also owned 2 other popups. To answer question #1, an AC unit can be added after market. Mine was added by dealer. Dont know the cost.

And #2, it took me a while to figure out how the cable life system works, but once you actually see it in the camper it is easy to understand. I had to have a spring replaced by a dealer because roof wouldnt crank at all. Once I figured out how it worked I was able to adjust tension on a pulley cable because a corner of roof was sagging. There is very little info on the interwebs about the cable pulley system, but you should be able to find a diagram of it.
tx_native is offline   Reply With Quote