Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2016, 02:44 PM   #1

Delamination/bubbles on roof of NEW Rockwood 1940LTD

I just brought home our new 2016 Rockwood 1940LTD tent trailer. Soooo excited to use it (although no trips planned as of yet &#128530. But afer I pulled it into the driveway I noticed an 8" long area of delamination on the roof and a couple of smaller spots in the front and back of the roof also. I know this unit has been popped open in the lot all summer, and i dont want it to get worse. I did buy the dealer all-inclusive warranty, but is there anything they can do for delam? Kinda bummed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	115742  
Gemininurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:54 PM   #2

first, welcome to the forum. we had 6 wonderful years in our popup before heading to the hybrid world this year.

i would call the dealer and arrange to have them look at it. and before taking it back, if possible, do a camp driveway to check everything, the water system, the electric system, the appliances etc, so they can fix anything else that may not be quite right with your popup before you take it out into the great unknown......
Just us gals (me, Sis and our daughters)
We spend alot of money to go sit in the woods
GalsofEscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:43 PM   #3

I just purchased a HW296 that is delaminating on the interior ceiling. The dealer already ordered the new roof and Forestriver is covering it. I took it home to use until the replacement comes in since it's not something that will affect the use. Based on the pic of yours, I would think it would be covered.
michigan_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2016, 07:28 AM   #4

Get it back in so the dealer can look at it and document the issue as soon as you can and get new parts ordered. It should be covered by your warranty. Bummer for sure, but you can probably get a couple of trips in. Like Gals said, it is also a good idea to at least set it up and do a camp drive way and see if you can find any other little issues that you might ask them to address while you take it back. Find tooth comb the thing. It is new after all.

Nights Camped in 2021-?

2020-8, 2019-27, 2018-12, 2017-29, 2016-33, 2015-22, 2014-22, 2013-20
exploreco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1940ltd, delamination, rockwood, roo, roof