Dewinterizing process help
Most water heaters have a bypass installed so that antifreeze can be added to the plumbing while keeping it out of the water heater.
Here's how I dewinterized mine. I have a full size TT but I imagine it will work basically the same as yours.
1. Open the fresh water tank drain and let any antifreeze drain out completely. Close the drain.
2. Fill the tank again with fresh water and empty it to rinse out any antifreeze residue.
3. Mix together the correct amount of sanitizer and water for the size of your fresh water tank and pour the solution into your tank. Some people use bleach for this. I prefer RV sanitizer since it doesn't leave a taste in the water.
4. Fill your tank the rest of the way with water.
5. Turn on your water pump and one by one, turn on both the hot and cold water for each faucet you have until the water runs clear. Do this also for your shower, tub and toilet.
6. Remove the cap for your city water inlet and remove the filter screen. Push the check valve inside until it comes out clear.
7. Make sure your water heater drain valve is closed and open the water heater bypass valves so water can flow into the heater.
8. Turn on any hot water faucet and leave it on until you see a steady flow of water. This may take a couple of minutes while the water heater fillls. Turn off the water.
9. Top off you fresh water tank with water. Leave the sanitizing solution in for 3-4 hours at least. Overnight is preferable.
10. Empty your fresh water tank and refill it. You may have to do this more than once to get all the sanitizer residue out.
11. Refill the tank with fresh water.
12. Drain your water heater and replace the plug.
13. Turn on your water pump and turn on each faucet one at a time until the sanitizer has been flushed out. Do this also with the shower, tub and toilet.
14. Flush the city water connection.
Your plumbing should now be ready for a summer of fun.
2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7L V8 with towing package
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control