Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2014, 01:42 AM   #1
Camper Extraordinaire

Did a 2001 FR 1610 pop-up trailer have a water pump?

Q: Did a 2001 FR 1610 pop-up trailer have a water pump when it came from the manufacturer??????
shark918v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark918v View Post
Q: Did a 2001 FR 1610 pop-up trailer have a water pump when it came from the manufacturer??????
Is there a sink and faucet in the galley? If yes, probably. If no, then no.

My first PUP (1986) had a hand-pump faucet for the sink, and no electric pump. When it broke, I replaced the hand pump and faucet with a foot pump and gooseneck commonly used in sailboats.

I contemplated doing the same when my 2000 Coleman Westlake had the battery go too dead to run the water pump. But because of the hot water heater and outside shower, the plumbing for a foot pump would have been much more complex. I ended up putting in a larger battery, and being more careful with electric usage.

Bottom line: if there is a water pump in a PUP, it is almost always in the cabinet under the sink, and there will be a rocker switch to turn it on/off somewhere inside.

If there are no other water outlets besides the sink faucet, and no hot water heater, it may use a hand pump instead of an electric pump.

just my PUP experiences
Fred W
pgandw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 01:38 PM   #3
Site Team

if the faucet is a hand pump type, then no.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, trailer, water, water pump